Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Violin Recital

Kiersten has to take private lessons now since the junior high doesn't offer a strings program.  She still takes her lessons from Kim Skinner.


Kiersten did a wonderful job on her piece for the recital!  Kim kind of threw this recital together at short notice so Kiersten didn't exactly love the piece she had to do but she played it wonderfully!  I am always so proud of Kiersten!  I was NEVER brave enough as a kid, nor adult to stand up in front of people and play.  Well I guess I played my saxophone in high school and had solos.  But I didn't seem to have the confidence that Kiersten does, and definitely not at such a young age.  
When I was little and took piano lessons, I cried so many times at recitals that my piano teacher, Sister Bryce finally didn't have me do the recitals.
So Kiersten you are way better than your mom!

No comments: