Saturday, August 23, 2014

Party Time


We officially have a TEENAGER now!!!
Kiersten wanted to have a lazer tag birthday party and invite BOYS!  Yes BOYS!!
It took some convincing for Justin to allow this to happen but between Kiersten and myself we can be pretty convincing... hehehe!
So the weekend following Kiersten's actual birthday we loaded up 23 kids in my sister in law, Amy's van and headed out to the paint ball course in Safford.  Thank you Amy for having a huge van, I wouldn't want to drive it on a daily basis but for this type of thing it's great!


I have to tell this story on Kiersten.....
So as we were planning her party she decided on a lazer tag party.  She made her list which had 45 people on it.  We have 18 guns so I told her I would by a few more sets but that her list probability should only be 24 people.  We made a revised list of friends.  As the day got closer to handing out the invites she told me that she no longer wanted to have a party.  I asked why.  Her response as a 13 year old blew me away.  She simply did not want to have a party  because she didn't want anyone to get their feelings hurt that they weren't invited so she just didn't want to have a party.  Then no one would be sad.  Seriously, she is not the typical teenager.  We had a good talk about it and I helped her understand that just because she didn't invite people did not mean that she did not like them or want them at her party.  We simply do not have enough guns to accommodate that amount of people and any one should understand that, even another teenager.  After some convincing she finally decided she would go ahead with the party.
Kiersten really is a genuinely sweet girl.  She cares so much about others feelings that she would sacrifice a fun birthday party just to not hurt anyones feelings.
I love her example and I learn so much from her!



Back: Popper, Steven, Dawson, Holly, Silvio, Kloee, Hunter, Danika, Will
Front: Hanna, Samantha, Maranda, Raely, Porter, Bryce, Alani, Kiersten Logan, Curtis and Grant 



They sure are a fun group of kids!  I had a fun time teasing some of them and seeing their different personalities.  



These crazy kids kept doing the ice challenge.  They would put their hands in the freezing ice water in the ice chest.  Who ever is last to pull their hand out "WINS!"  That doesn't sound like anything I'd care to "win!"  But they had a great time doing it!  And it was fun to watch them be so crazy!



Kloee and Holly being super beautiful snipers!


Danika and Holly


Will Jarvis and Grant



It was a great party!  It was suppose to end at 8:30 but because the kids were having so much fun we stayed until 10:00.  Kiersten really enjoyed her party and I enjoyed getting to meet some kids I didn't know.  Now on our drives to and from dance I'll be able to put a face to the names.  By the way, I really love my time in the car with Kiersten!  It gives us a wonderful opportunity to visit about her day, her friends, her worries and just life in general.  It makes for a busy afternoon all week, but I cherish that time I get to spend with her!  She is an AMAZING daughter and friend!  I sure hope she know how much I truly love her!

No comments: