Friday, March 20, 2015

FRYE MESA FUN

One afternoon during Spring Break Justin can home early from work and we took the kids to Frye Mesa.


From this picture you can see the trip wasn't "prefect."  But it was fun, even though Hunter did not appreciate me taking this picture of him with his line caught in the tree.


This was Silvio's first time fishing while with us.  Unfortunately he didn't even get a bite.  He said he wasn't a fan of fishing to begin with.  


We did catch a few of these little guys!


It was a fun afternoon with great cool weather.  Thanks to my mom for keeping Ella so we didn't have to worry about her and the dam.  She would have enjoyed coming but I was too worried about being so close to the dam with her and didn't want to only spend my time following her around.  So Ella stayed home and got her 3 hour nap in and we got to relax a little.


We walked over to the waterfalls.


The kids were really hoping to slide down them but the water was FREEZING and we couldn't see the path that led to the top of them.  Maybe during the summer when the watering isn't like ice we can come back up for that adventure!


The boys of course had to at least get in a little.  They were so tough and went all the way under.  And froze every second.  They didn't last long but longer then I would have.


Cool shot of the falls!


It was refreshing to hear the boys yelping as they played a little in the cold water.  It was funny to watch them and their expressions!


I love these people and am so blessed to call them my family!


Even these crazy boys in their undies!


Kiersten and Silvio opted not to get in the water.  Had they wore swim suits I think they would have.


I remember having some fun times up here as a teenager sliding down these, cliff jumping in the pond and making tin foil dinners.


We brought a crawfish trap and they kids were able to catch a few that way.  But the best way to catch them was to let Hunter try.


When he named Hunter I had no idea his name would be so fitting!  This kid can catch ANYTHING!


Since the fish weren't biting I told Kiersten and Silvio that they should at least make it look like they were for my picture!


They were being so silly but finally got REALL into it!


Wow that is one HUGE fish on the other end of their lines.


Look at how much they are straining to reel them in!


I think Silvio might have peed his pants......hahaha!  I know I about did taking their pictures.  These two were hilarious!


This is the view from the landing down the side of the dam.  The ladder/stairs are kind of creepy to get down but we did it!


It's worth the creepy walk to see the waterfall!  Even though the landing sort of feels like it might just calapse at any time. We had so much fun at Frye Mesa!  So glad Justin could take the afternoon off to join us. It was a fun drive in the Ranger and Rhino to get up there.  I'm enjoying this stay home spring break.  

No comments: