Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Red Knolls


Today Justin decided to take the morning off, he NEVER does that, but to make the kids Soring Break fun he agreed to do it. But I was anxious about taking the kids by myself to explore Red Knolls. 


Everyone was so excited to check this place out. And I was sure glad to have Justin there and that my mom came out to watch Ella so we didn't have her to worry about. 


This is where you enter the cave. It's kind of a scary thing to climb up. 


Cool view through one of the holes in the cave. It's like a little look out! I like the perspective it gives. 


Now the cave exploring begins. You have to hunch down to walk through this area. 


This is a look down the cave. It's pretty narrow and short to walk through but that's all part of the thrill!  


The kids were all amazing by the cave exploring! 


This is the hole we climb out to get on top of Red Knolls. It's just an opening in the cave ceiling. Pretty cool! 


On top of Red Knolls is a beautiful view of the desert and farm fields. 


Once on top we hiked over to what we call The Arch. 


So grateful to be married to someone who accepts my crazy ideas. 
It really was a fun morning exploring and I was so happy to have this guy by my side. He more then made up the hours he missed this morning though. He is such a hard worker!! 


I love that even if we did go on a big Speing Break trip, that we were still able to have a great time close to home. 


This kids loves to talk!  He will carry on a conversation with anyone!  I does not matter their age. He can chat it up with 80 year old man. Or entertain a two year old. 


Look at the pretty view from the top!!!


This is where we climbed down from to get half way down the Knoll. 


Then we had to hike a tiny trail to get back down to our ranger and rhino. I have to admit watching the kids so close to drop off did cause me lots of anxiety. Plus at the top there are lots of openings that drop at least 100 feet down or probably more in some. 


Red Knolls really is a cool place. So glad it's only 10 minutes from us. It made for a great morning. 


I pretty much love any day that involves taking these toys out for a spin! 


Here is a look at Red Knolls from the bottom. 


I sure got lucky when I got this one! And when I got that photobombing Kiersten in the back ground! 


We ended our adventures with lunch at the Taylor Freeze. Then Justin headed on to work. The weather was perfect!  Nice and overcast and cool!  

No comments: