Monday, July 20, 2015

Turning 38 Wasn't so Bad After All!

Having your kids insist on taking you out to eat for your birthday always makes it great!  Especially when they sing to you, make you wear a ginormous sombrero and give you free Carmel fried ice cream. 


Justin even got off early to join us. Yay!


The kids were so insistent on riding home with Justin and now I know why.  They stopped to get me a gift.  They gave me fun colored flowers and two balloons, with this card.  So I had to pop the balloons.  Yeah I totally sat on them to pop them.....it was pretty fun and I don't think my kids were expecting me to do that.
Sweet Target and Sephora gift cards.  Kiersten wrote the little jingle.......I loved it!


Fun Flowers!


These AMAZING girls made me a CANDY CAKE!  Yes people that is a cake COVERED in candies!  I guess it's all the rave on Pinterest?  I have never seen anything like it!
These girls made me feel so special on my birthday!  It took them 9 hours to make this and let's not even talk about how much all the candy supplies cost!!!


Yep those are all lollipops.....some of them are dum dum suckers and a few flavors were disgusting.  There was bacon flavored and cheese flavored.  Seriously I had to spit out my own saliva the taste was so bad!  I can't imagine having to swallow those flavors down......blah!!!


Look at this smorgasbord of candy.....gum balls, oreos dipped in white chocolate, sprinkles, gummy bears, jelly beans, M&M's (plain, peanut and pretzel kinds), sour straws, smarties, swedish fish, hershey's kisses, sour patch kids, skittles and lifesavers.


The girls made a whole candy river with jumping fish and everything!


This is by far the most memorable birthday cake I have EVER had!  Kind of even beats the cake I had when I turned 8 I believe, the doll dress cake.  You know the kind where there is a doll and the cake is her dress?  Up till now that would have been my most memorable cake but this Candy Cake tops it!!!


I am grateful to have such a fun sister in law!  She is one of the friendliest and kindest women I know.


We decided to celebrate the following night with swimming and have EVERYONE help devour the masterpiece!


This cake could have given me diabetes had I eaten it on my own.....hahaha!
Such a fun birthday!  And I was thinking turning 38 was going to be boring!  Thanks Kaely, Cambry and Megan for proving me wrong!  Loved my birthday and my AMAZING CANDY CAKE!!!

No comments: