Wednesday, March 23, 2016

What a kid!

Today as part of Grant's home work it was talking about the Golden Rule.  It said to draw a picture of a time when you used the golden rule.  After I told him what to do, he just sat there.  I explained again what he needed to do.  After about a minute, Grant looks at me and says, "Mom I don't understand? This doesn't make sense to me.  There shouldn't be a time when I didn't use the golden rule.  So really I should be able to draw any time in my life?  Like I never don't treat others kind, seems like a silly thing to have to think about and draw."

It was so cute because he really was concerned why he would have to think about one specific time he had treated others the way he wanted to be treated.  He just assumed that's the way you always treat people, like there was no alternative way to treat people.  It was pretty sweet and sincere!  Oh how I wish I could keep him 6 years old, cause I really love him and I don't want him to grow up!

No comments: