Sunday, April 2, 2017

Girls Weekend in Sedona


Kiersten is the only one of her friends not going to prom. A couple of her friends are not sixteen yet but they still decided to go to prom. Kiersten was pretty bummed out! Add to that the fact that two of her girl friend started to fight with two other girlfriends so it has kind of split her friend group up a little. This has left Kiersten in the middle. She isn't a part of the fighting but she has to constantly play peacemaker. 

With all this going on I thought we should get out of town prom weekend!!

 

I decided Sedona was calling us!  I love Sedona and knew Kiersten would love it too. 


This picture was taken PRIOR to us reading the sign that says "do not climb on horse!"
LOL....we had a good laugh! 

  

We decided to bring Kallie Smart, Kiersten's friend that is a freshman. 

 

These two had such a blast together!!  Kallie is always a good time! 
We ate dinner super late the first night we got to Sedona. We didn't know Sedona goes to bed early. Most every Restraunt closes at 9:00 even on weekends. We were happy to find yummy food so late!  

 

Saturday morning we woke up and went on a jeep ride!  It was beautiful and super fun!  

 

Oh how I love these girls!

 

My favorite parts were the steep 4X4 areas!  I wanted more of those! 

 

I loved everything about his weekend!! 
It was a little colder than normal but other than that it wa perfect! 

 

I am so glad Kallie is such a fun and sweet friend for Kiersten. There is no drama with Kallie and that is refreshing!! With all the friend craziness Kiersten is dealing with she is so grateful for Kallie! 


On the spur of the moment as we were doing a little shopping in the heart of Sedona I decided why not book us a helicopter tour. I thought $80 for a 30 minute flight over the beautiful red rocks of Sedona was just what all of us needed. 

Things haven't been super amazing back at home. Justin's depression is in full swing and some days it is hard for me to find the desire to cope well with it all. Finances have been tied up in "things" they NEVER should have been tied up in with the company and that is REALLY, REALLY weighing heavy on Justin. He is in a constant state of stress these days and all he hears is that the money should get paid back "real soon".  This has been going on for many many months and Justin's stress level keeps rising and rising.  I feel so bad for him to be so stressed about work stuff.  So that "real soon" that he keeps hearing,
 can't come fast enough!!  

Anyway, enough rant about life's stresses let me get back to the fun girls trip. 

 

The girls were about to hyperventilate when I told them we were going on a helicopter tour!! Hahaha.....seriously I thought Kiersten might pass out just at the thought of it. 

 

Turned out just like I thought it would....
They both LOVED the helicopter ride! 

 

It was breathtaking!
We saw many Indian ruins and have decided we need to come back another time to hike to some of them. We flew through canyons and love it all! 

 

"This beats prom for sure!" Was the words both these girls told me during our flight! 

 

One place Kiersten was dying to go to was an acai bowl joint. Luckily we found the perfect place!

 

This was my first time having an acai bowl!  Oh wow it was delicious!!!  We might have gotten acai bowls twice over our short weekend in Sedona!  That was that good! 

 

Flying through the canyon was exhilarating! 

 

This memory was more than worth the $80, it was priceless! 

 

After our helicopter tour, I decided to take the girls over to Jerome. It is such a fun and cool little town on the mountain side. 

 

Lucky for us the first Saturday of every month is a music and art festival in Jerome. Which means the stores stay open late and there are musicians playing all over. 

 

It was really cool!  The girls fell in love with this little town and talked about bringing dates back some day. 


This picture sums up our weekend!
These girls and I laughed so much this weekend. I left so much lighter after having this get away!  I am so grateful Justin let us come and have some girl time. 
 

I can not count the number of times Kiersten and Kallie both thanked me for bringing them to Sedona!  
Such sweet girls! 

 

Fun in down town Sedona! 

 

I enjoyed the random art that is all over Sedona. 

  

We enjoyed some hiking before we headed home. 

 

This was the view from the top of our hike. It was Soilders Pass Trail that our jeep tour guide recommended. Next time I think we will hike a couple of places my friend Rachel recommended because I think he pictures looked more dramatic. But nonetheless we enjoyed the beauty of Sedona before we headed home. And we might have enjoyed an acai bowl on our way out of town. 

It was such a wonderful weekend!  Laughed so hard we cried!
Made memories and loved every minute of it!
I even got a 100% on the test I took for my class one evening while the girls went to the hotel hot tub. 

Fabulous girls weekend!!

No comments: