Monday, January 4, 2010

Choosing The Right

So the Christmas break has been full of fun days playing with all the neighborhood kids. The boys Hunter plays with are several years older than him. Tressie called me to tell me what Chase, her 10 year old had told her about Hunter..........I was worried it might be something notty :) but it wasn't! Chase had told Tressie that one of the other boys (there's a group of 4 big boys that play together) was saying bad words like "Shut up, Stupid and even using Heavenly Father's name in vain". Chase, Hunter and the other boys were all playing in our backyard when this happened. I guess Hunter went to the boy and said, "We don't say words like that at my house and if you keep using notty words you'll have to go home!" Keep in mind this was in front of three other older boys that Hunter looks up to. Chase said that the boy turned red and went home, but that Hunter wasn't even scared to stand up for what he knows is right. I was so proud of Hunter for setting such a good example and not just letting the older boy get away with doing notty things. "It took a lot of courage for Hunter to do that I am sure!" is what Chase said. I talked with Hunter about it all and told him how impressed I was. He was so cute and said later that night that he felt good inside because he knew he was choosing the right!

1 comment:

Tifani said...

Tell Hunter that Aunt Tif is so proud of him!!! Hey kuddos to you and Justin too! See I told you, you guys were great parents. I love when things happen like this cause then you know for sure that they ARE listening to us!!! I love Hunter boy