Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh What A Day............lets focus on the good shall we!

Yesterday was just one of those days. You know the kind where you have a million things going on, dishes, sweeping, laundry, dinner, pick up kids from school, pick up extra kids from school to help out a friend, karate, dance, run through walmart, etc, etc. But Mr. Grant decided that he had an opinion about all those tasks and he wasn't a fan of such a busy day nor was he a fan of taking naps! He usually just eats, sleeps and plays in his bumbo or on the floor..........not today! He was only happy if I was holding him and not just holding him but standing up holding him. And so he helped me sweep, change laundry, everything. It was a beautiful day outside and so in the afternoon once I knew Mr. Grant was in charge completely (some days I like to pretend that I am in charge), we headed outside to swing.
Low and behold something GLORIOUS happened...............Logan learned to pump himself on the swing! Any moms knows that the day their child learns how to pump themselves is wonderful. And Logan was just as excited as I was! Now that is one happy boy! I was swinging with Mr. Grant and Logan was swinging beside us. I gave him a push to get him started and a few minutes later I noticed he was even higher without my assistance. He didn't really notice he was the one doing it, but sure enough it was all him! YEAH!
Now he doesn't have to beg me everyday to push him on the swing and I no longer have to feel like a bad mom for telling him "not right now." I am really guilty of that one!
He called his Grammies on the phone cause he just had to tell someone! This is a pretty big day for a four year old!
His smile says it all!
"I'm swinging, I'm swinging"
Mr. Grant is now big enough for the baby swing and he LOVED it. I tried to stop the swing to get a good picture of him and he let me know that he didn't appreciate it. Once I pushed him again he was fine! How little babies have such opinions is beyond me, but they do.
So the crazy never ending day had a wonderful part to it. Plus today I have sore stomach muscles from holding Mr. Grant all day yesterday..................I can count that as a workout right?

1 comment:

EmilyHerb18 said...

Ahh Becky- Little Grant is so cute. I love his chunky little face. You are such a cute mom!