Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Jungle Book Play

I realized I never got around to posting about the kids being in the Jungle Book Play this Spring. During the month of April, Kiersten, Hunter and Logan went to Play practice a couple of days a week. Their performance was the beginning of May.
This is the third night of the performance............the first night only Kiersten went because the boys came down with strep throat. They were so bummed not to get to go that first night. Then the following day Kiersten was sick with strep throat so she missed one night as well.
Kiersten was a silly, crazy monkey.
Hunter was the sweetest elephant.
Logan was the cutest bee.
I love how they just start posing without any instructions from me. I was so excited that we figured out how to get these ears to stand out. All the elephants were so cute...........it fun to see the different costumes. Hunter was a great elephant...........he should have been the Sargent because he kept telling/showing the boys where to stand. There were little pieces of tape with the boys names on it. Hunter is very strict when it comes to things like this so when the boys wouldn't be on the right tape it really bothered him. After the first nights performance I asked him why he kept moving the boys that were next to him. His reply was priceless........"Because they weren't following Penny's rules and that's just not Okay! Right Mom we have to follow the rules?" Maybe he is OCD? Should I worry? Silly, Silly Monkey! Kiersten had a great time in the play. She was so excited to get to see Minnie Whetten, Penny's little girl. They were good friends when Kiersten went to LNS. They were so cute together on stage. They had so much fun dancing to the jungle music and being silly monkeys! Logan was very excited to be in the play like his big brother and sister. This was his very first play. He had a fun time being with his little buddy Ryker Shupe and his cousin Maliya. Logan's favorite part was the ...."the bees are buzzing in the trees to make some honey just for me..." during which all the bees turned around in circles being buzzing bees. Logan just had a ball buzzing around in a circle!
Logan was not so happy about the makeup. He was actually pretty upset about me putting it on him because in his words........."Make up is for girlas and I am NOT a girlas!" But with a little convincing and seeing Hunter getting some on......he gave in.
Logan and Ryker.........so cute!
Logan loved the stage and never had a bit of stage fright. I kept thinking whose kid is that............my kids are usually scared of being in front of a big crowd. Not Logan the Bee!
These are all the 4 yr old bees.
What a herd?
Now that is a plethora of monkey's!
This is some of the other cast members I loved seeing the costumes. Some parents really know what they're doing when it comes to making costumes...........I envy them......seriously I can't even sew a button on a shirt.
The main character's did a fabulous job! I am always amazed at Penny Whetten's talent, patience and her ability to teach children...........lots of children. She is a wonderful person and I am so glad my kids are able to participate in her Plays.
The kids did a great job and had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Missus Elle said...

your kiddos have a super blessed life! They do the coolest things!!!