Monday, May 24, 2010

"Mom It's HUGE!!"

So it was a nice Saturday.......the Saturday the prophet was coming to The Gila Valley actually.........and the kids asked if they could walk down to the pond to fish. Away they went in the putt-putt with snacks, water, fishing poles and ENERGY!!! Oh and their phone....
I got a phone call and this is what I heard......"MOM"
"yes" I replied
"Mom I caught a fish..........IT IS HUGE! Please come take a picture of it!"
It was Kiersten on the phone and you would have thought she'd just won a million dollars..........she was thrilled. So I hurried down to the pond in the rail buggy to see the HUGE fish!
And here it is.......
Kiersten of course didn't want to touch the fish, but it was the first fish she has ever caught and she was so excited. Kiersten caught a nice size Sun Fish! I love how Hunter is wearing his Citizenship Pin in this picture.........he really did wear it for a week or more after being Awarded with it.
Kiersten and Logan sitting by the banks of the pond. My kids just have no idea how blessed they are. They live in a wonderful place! No it's not a fun place to shop, but for a kid being able to walk down to a pond to fish is very cool!
Hunter was catching minnows. They earn chore money and always want to go buy worms to fish with. It gets expensive cause they don't earn a ton of money or anything.........so sometimes they have to catch minnows to use as bait.
"Yep...........this is how we roll" Kiersten said.
What a sight it is to see the kids heading to the pond in the putt-putts! They had a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Susan and Don said...

They are blessed indeed! Spending time in the great outdoors sure beats kids watching tv and playing video games. Now, get them hiking and they will be awesome kids! My cousin's grandson, Benjamin Claridge was a great hiker today on the mt. He had fun finding geo caches (in plain sight) on our trail today and I told him about your kids loving that.

anna said...

it certainly is a fun place to live! My kids would LOVE it! It's funny, when I moved up there, all my friends from Tempe wanted to come up there to visit me instead of me going back to tempe to visit, they said there was more to do...go figure! You have to drive somewhere (usually far) to do the little fun things we take for granted in a small town. Lucky you, lucky kiddos! :)