Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let The WILD Rumpus Begin!

So I am a mean mom and I don't let my kids have sleepovers. How sad I know...........but I just hate sleepovers! Kids end up wanting to go home in the middle of the night, they get less sleep then they need, my kids are always grouch the next day........so we just stopped doing sleepovers. We have what I call Friend Fun Nights, it's my way of redeeming myself from the Mean Mom List! We think of a theme...because that's how my brain works best is with a theme and then we plan the food, the games, maybe a craft, usually a movie to go along with our theme, etc. Don't worry we only have these about every 3 months.......I actually really enjoy them and I get my kids involved in the planning. We talk about what the party will be like, they give suggestions and it's been fun so far. Much, much better then weekly sleepovers I think......but once again I am a mean mom.
So we had a Where The Wild Things Are Party! We have WILD rice crispies treats! Monster Cookies!!! These have become a family favorite!
Yummy...........and yes I like to dip everything in chocolate what can I say?
The kids each got to go home with a little treat bag as well. This was actually because I was afraid I would eat all the left overs not because I am super nice.
These two are definitely WILD THINGS! The kids LOVED the gold crowns. They were all Kings and Queens of the WILD Things!
Kiersten and Hunter both got to invite two friends this time. I was a bit worried how it would work out but things went smooth. Kiersten invited Maranda and Carlee.
Mr. Grant had to join in on the fun! He is the RULER of my world that's for sure!
This picture is out of order. WILD boys having WILD treats!
Hunter invited Kendall and Kaden.
We made toilet paper roll crafts. The kids did a great job painting. Logan and Brinner only had the patience to paint for about 5 minutes and they were done. The other kids all took their time.
I love getting my kids involved in crafty things. Especially when it is cheap like toilet paper roll crafts.
Great Job! Love the gold crowns!
Pretty darn cute!
The WILD girls!
The VERY WILD boys!
Love the faces Kendall!
Kaden was so funny!
This was Hunter's.
These are Logan and Brinner's if you can't tell! Not too bad for 4 year olds.........I did help them some.
We had WILD cherry caprisuns.
These two boys giggle like little school girls whenever they are together!
For some reason the kids all wanted to dress up and run around the back yard.
These four were having a contest to see who was dressed the WILDest! I'd have to say Kendall and Kiersten take the cake with that one! They came up with this idea all on their own.
Love Kendall's face. When he is 16 he's going to love this picture.
Then once it was dark we had a WILD egg hunt in the dark. The eggs had neon stripes and each kid had a black light to use to find the eggs. It really is a TON of fun! Puts a great twist on the typical Easter egg hunt.
Yeah I had decided to fill the eggs with change. The kids actually made out like bandits because Justin helped me fill the eggs and he didn't realise the kids would be going in separate groups. I let four kids go collect 18 eggs and then we refilled them and let the other four kids go. Justin thought all the kids were going at once so he was very generous with the change the first go round and then I thought we'd better be as generous with the second group or it wouldn't be very fair.
When our three kids counted their money and had $23 all together it kind of made me sick but what can you do but laugh?
We then got dressed in our pajamas and Let The WILD Rumpus Begin.........
....and boy did it get WILD!!!
They roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws...
The kids took home their craft along with their treat bag.
This party was a huge success!

No comments: