Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Black River

When Justin came back up on Wednesday he was totally different. His attitude had changed drastically..........he said he'd thought a lot about what we'd talked about regarding doing things that our kids are interested in. He said I was right......which I should have gotten in writing for future reference! So he surprised the kids by buying a fishing and hunting license while he was back home. He told the kids he wanted to be able to help them put their worms on the hook and fix their lines when they needed him. Hunter was the most excited but I think Justin was a close second. They talked and talked about going bird hunting together and future fishing trips.
Since we had had so much luck fishing at Black River with the Moore's we decide to go back there when Justin got back before heading over to the Cluff Reunion.
While at Black River, Kiersten had a great time catching beautiful butterflies. Mr. Grant was so good and loved watching us fish. Justin is such an amazing dad! I am blessed to be married to him and am so grateful to be where we are at in our relationship..........eternity won't be long enough at this point!
Mr. Grant was so funny with the fish!
He thought that fish was the funniest thing in the world....that was until I got it a little too close and he actually touched it! He wasn't so sure about it then. It was so fun to watch him taking in his first experience with a live fish! Ahhh I just loved watching him!
Justin was a great sport all day at Black River! I felt really bad because Hunter caught one fish and I caught 5 fish, while Justin didn't catch anything. But he truly had changed since our last fishing excursion..........he was a bit bummed but happy to be with his kids enjoying life together. And really life doesn't get any better then that.........choosing to enjoy life, even if that means not catching one fish...it's still a personal choice whether you enjoy it or not!
It turned out to be a great trip!
Hunter's fish got eaten by the crawdads, which he thought was awesome and wanted a picture of it so he could remember. I am grateful for a life full of health........I don't always choice to be positive either don't get me wrong, but I am always happier when I do!

No comments: