Saturday, December 18, 2010

Kids and Their Trees

The kids each have their own Christmas tree, with the exception of Mr. Grant. This has been our tradition for years and the kids still love it just as much as the first year we started it.
Mr. Grant will probably get his own tree next year when he might actually care.
But Mr. Grant sure did participate in the decorating of the trees. Hunter was such a sweet big brother and let Mr. Grant "help" him. Logan Loved decorating his tree how ever he wanted.
He rearranged this several times............it was super cute!
Justin was actually happier then any year I can remember the Christmas decorating.
He really didn't have to do a whole lot but the few things he did he was very cheerful about..............it was kinda nice!
See I am helping!
Kiersten enjoys the loud Christmas music we play throughout the house while we decorate the trees. She dances around while decorating her tree. I love to just go peek in on her when she doesn't know I am looking............she is so cute dancing away, singing and decorating!
Kiersten gets all her stuff out on her bed to get organized first.
This year we started a new tradition............over the past 12 years my sweet mother-in-law has given us an ornament that reminds her and us of things Doyle did. Up until this year I just have kept them safe in a box but didn't use them. And a year or two ago she also gave Justin all his ornaments from when he was a kid. Such a cute idea.........she's a great mother and so organized to keep her kids stuff over all these years.
So this year we decided to decorate the tree in the Kids Retreat with these ornaments. So Justin sat down with the three oldest and told the story behind each of Doyle's ornaments as well as the ones from when he was a kid. The kids LOVED it..............they asked questions and later each of them expressed to me how cool they thought it was to hear the stories.
Justin looked as thought he enjoyed it just as much!
I think this is a tradition that will stick!
Our Doyle & Daddy Tree
The kids decided this is what we should call this tree and I thought it was a perfect name for it..............I didn't know we needed to give the tree a name but it was a cute idea!
Thanks Kids!
Justin was such a handsome little boy..........reminds me so much of Hunter with his dark hair.
Such a cute chubby face!
I love trying new traditions and I especially love it when a new tradition immediately brings your family closer............that is my whole purpose in family traditions to begin with and this one was a big success.

No comments: