Saturday, September 29, 2012

All I want for my Birthday is a trip with dad!

What Hunter wanted more then anything for his birthday was a trip out of town with his dad!
Justin, being the amazing dad that he is, agreed to that idea.
Hunter had been wanting a real BMX bike.  They are super expensive so together with his dad they found a slightly used one on Craigslist.  It actually looks brand new but for a fraction of the cost!


I think Hunter enjoyed every aspect of researching his bike with his dad!
Is he only 9?
Hunter sure seems to be growing up too fast!  He hangs out with Chase quite a bit, who is 13 so I think Hunter is learning a few teenager tricks too soon!


Justin took Hunter and Chase to Phoenix  for the weekend.  They bought Hunter's bike and made his birthday dream come true!  Chase brought his BMX bike as well so they could enjoy a weekend of riding.


Justin found two skate parks, one indoors and one outdoors, so one night they went to one and the next night they went to the other.  I heard they were both pretty amazing.  But the indoor one had a foam pit you could ramp your bike into.  Now that sounds like something I would like to try myself!


This was the indoor skate park......looks like fun to me!


I heard it was a great weekend!

9 Things I LOVE about Hunter....
1.  His humor
2.  His intelligence.....this kid is smart!
3. The adult like conversations we have.  He can talk and reason like any adult! And boy is he a deep thinker.
4.  His desire to behave, especially when with friends.  We recently got a sweet compliment from his cub scout leader about what a good well behaved kid Hunter is!  She mentioned how much fun he is but he doesn't cause any problems even when the other boys are.
5.  His love for the future......he loves to talk about the future and all he is going to do!
6.  His relationship with Kiersten......these two are great friends!
7.  Hunter is super helpful with Mr. Grant....he loves being a big brother!
8.  He is always quick to apologize when he makes a mistake.....I love that.
9.  His testimony that prayer works......he is my kids that always reminds me that we could pray when we need help.  He gives the most thoughtful prayers!  He has been super thoughtful and sweet in his prayers for his Grammy Boswell, who is going through breast cancer as well as his Uncle Quincy, who is in Afghanistan. 
I Sure Love You Hunter Boy!
Thanks for teaching me so much!


The indoor skate park also had a trampoline area which the boys LOVED!


Now this definitely look like a place I need to take the kids back to.  
Hunter had the best birthday spending time with his dad and Chase!
I think it speaks volumes for the wonderful dad that Justin is!
I sure love all my boys!

No comments: