Monday, August 1, 2016

Poisonous Something or Other....

Hunter is just attracted to poisonous plants I tell ya.


While we were picking raspberries Hunter walked aways off to go pee.  He must have gotten in to some poison ivy or poison oak.  By Friday morning the hives were so bad I took him to the doctor.  The doctor gave him a steroid creme to use and told me to give him benedryl to help with the extreme itching.  So we did that.  


By Saturday night Hunter's whole knee had swollen up and the itching was getting much worse.  It was to the point of being painful, which is a big deal with Hunter because he has such a high tolerance for pain.  I took Hunter to my friend who's a nurse, Angela Paull.  She said for sure he is allergic to the steroid creme.  So Sunday Hunter laid all day on the couch.  
On Monday I took him back to the doctor.  The doctor agreed that Hunter was having an allergic reaction to the creme, so he prescribed a steroid pill.  It took about 2 weeks for the itching to finally stop.  It was so crazy!


So glad this didn't happen to one of my other kids.  Hunter is the toughest for sure!  I felt so bad for Hunter because it was quite painful and extremely itchy for so long!  
Then he tells me, "Well when I was going pee I thought the plants looked like poison ivy!"
Seriously kid, I'd think he would have learned by now that poison ivy is NO FUN!  Guess he hasn't learned that lesson yet.  Maybe this time it will sink in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Considering what he was doing when this happened it could have been a lot worse!!