Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July in Egar

I just love the 4th of July! We are so blessed to live in America and enjoy the freedoms that we do. The kids had a great time and we did some fun things to help them better understand the meaning behind all the fireworks, picnics and fun! We drove around Egar and counted all the flags we could find.............68 to be exact! The kids had so much fun looking for and spotting flags. Then we had cupcakes and let all the kids blow out a candle to celebrate Americas Birthday. The kids thought it was so fun to sing Happy Birthday to America! We camped with our friends the Smith's and the Green's to enjoy the 4th together and to escape the heat!
Aren't they so cute in their red, white and blue? I even made Kiersten's bows myself! Thanks to my friend Steph for showing me how. I'm thinking I need a baby girl to make bows for :). We had a great time at the parade, we ran into the Browns family. It was fun to see them! During the parade they threw so much candy out the kids just loved it!
The whole fam. @ the parade in Egar.

5 comments:

TheShumWAYS said...

Looks like fun, do you guys know anyone there or just go to get away?

Anonymous said...

what a good mom you are! i love the cupcake idea. if you are feeling the need to practice making bows. . i know a baby that would look awfully cute in them!!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Was it any cooler there?
-Al

touch of glass said...

Looks like you had fun. When are you guys going to come visit? We have lots of fun stuff we could do. You know you can still join us on the cruise!! I'm so sad planning it alone. We need some company.

Esther said...

Becky
Hey its your long lost friend Esther. I found your blog and it is so cute. I had to comment and ask if the Browns you were talking about in Eagar was Shads fam? We are always there in Eagar for the first but this time we were too busy moving. I guess being in DC is a good place to celebrate the Countries birthday. Your kids are soo cute. You should email me and I will invite you to see our blog. estherrbrown@att.net