Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Drive to San Diego..................

Logan was so good on the long drive...............he found great joy in coloing..............HIMSELF! I kept thinking he was too quite but didn't want to look back to know why :)
The other highly of the drive was running out of diesel 5 miles outside of Yuma. Yep..............Good Times! I asked Justin to stop in Gila Bend so we could eat and get fuel, he said "no its only 40 miles into Yuma." I said "No I think it is more like 100 plus miles to get to Yuma." He insisted that he was right. Just for the record it is like 113 miles from Gila Bend to Yuma, in case you ever need to know. But I bit my tongue and didn't say a word once he saw the road sign indicating how far it was he was a bit grouchy. That was the worst 3 hours of the trip by far............the kids were hungry and Justin wasn't much fun at that point either. I have a lot of pictures and journaling to post of our week in San Diego, it got MUCH BETTER once we arrived in San Diego!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Logan and Sydney could have so much fun together! She's famous for pulling the same coloring stunt.

Sounds like th trip there was interesting, glad you made it there o.k. I'm excited to see the rest of your pictures!

The Parkers said...

Oh I love that story. I like that you bit your tongue to let him sit there and fume. We've had a trip or two like that, but ours usually involve getting lost instead of running out of gas.

Shawna said...

email me with your address so I can send you an invite to my blog...I'm going private

shamoms@cox.net