Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mission Beach Baby!

Hunter just asked me if I would add a picture of his sand crabs...........see even almost a month later and he still remembers how much fun he thought they were. He is ALL BOY! So here is Hunter with a few of the MANY sand crabs he found while at Mission Beach!
We all had a great time at Mission Beach!
Things We Did........
We played in the water,
Made a sand castle,
Found sand dollars (which the kids were extactic about),
Walked the board walk and admired the beautiful beach houses,
Ate at the little shops close by,
Searched for sea shells,
Collected seaweed as it came in with the tide,
Found sand crabs, which the kids LOVED,
Enjoyed time together as a family!

The kids sure enjoyed playing in the sand. They could do this everyday I think! I would love to live near the ocean someday, probably won't happen but it's a very nice dream of mine!

Kiersten really surprised us this year. She wasn't afraid of the big waves at all! It kind of made me scared because she was so brave and would get out clear up to her neck. She even got knocked down hard by the waves several times, but she said she just loved it. She would just get back up and go back out in the water. It was fun watching her having so much fun and exploring the beauty of the ocean!

Hunter is such a fun kids, he is a character for sure. His favorite part about Mission Beach was finding all the sand crabs. Him and a little boy we met from Gilbert, found tons of sand crabs. It's just pure fun watching your kids explore new things, seeing the excitement in their faces and listening to them explain things the way they saw it! Priceless!

Logan was a bit shocked the first time he fell down from the waves! His faces tells it all! Every time I look at this picture I smile and laugh. I love pictures that do that for you.

The kids and I were practicing our surfing moves. I was surprised how hard surfing actually was. Last year Justin and I went on a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands and we took surfing lessons. It was harder that I ever thought it would be. I got up several times but had way more wipe outs!
I Love Beach Pictures! I would love to have a really nice picture of our family on the beach.

The kids loved playing in the waves at Missions Beach. Justin and I realized that it was much more work with the waves then the beach at Campland.

This was about all the boogie boarding our kids did, but they thought is was so fun! Justin and I were lazy this year, neither of us got out and boogie boarded. We usually love to do that. Maybe next beach trip!

Logan and Daddy! This little boy LOVES his Daddy! It's so fun to watch them together, you can just see how much they adore each other.

2 comments:

The Parkers said...

Wow, that's a beautiful beach! Looks like such a fun time. I think you need to try an East coast beach next time. Maybe, say, Greenwich? :)

Shawna said...

Ahhhhh, the beach.....

We love the beach. Is there really anything better. It's beautiful and relaxing and so fun to watch kids explore. I love that everything the kids play with on the beach involves their imagination. No video games or movies or shows. Just some good ol family time enjoying each others company.

Loved the pictures. The boys in their swimming suits are adorable. What is it about little boys in baggy swim shorts that is so cute. Logan did get blonde while it looks like you got a little red. Ouch!