Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ben Smith............Oh How Hunter Misses Him!!!

So Sweet Ben Smith was our next door neighbor for 5 years when we lived in Safford. Hunter just loved him! Ben would sit outside daily and I could always find Hunter over on his front porch talking his ear off. Hunter would often say how Ben was his best friend. It didn't matter that he was in his 80's.
Hunter asks to go see Ben quite often. Well today he made a card for Ben and then begged me to take him to see Ben. So that is just what we did. Hunter was so excited to go see his old friend. Hunter asked me on the way, "Mom, don't you think we should stop and get Ben some candy so he knows how much I miss him?" And so we did. Hunter got both Ben and his wife some chocolate.
When we pulled up there was Ben on his front porch enjoying the beautiful weather! Hunter was ecstatic to put it lightly. They talked and Ben was just as excited to see Hunter I think. Before we moved Ben had written a poem about Hunter. It was so sweet! I'll post it. Today Ben gave Hunter a book of some of the poems he had written over the years. Hunter was so proud to get it and has shown everyone. The move to Pima was good for us, but Hunter and I both miss Ben and all the wonderful neighbors we had in Safford! I don't think Hunter will ever forget Ben. He shouldn't he played on his porch for years!!!

4 comments:

Tifani said...

oh that is so sweet Bec, Hunter we love you, you are the sweetest boy!!!!

Susan and Don said...

Oh my gosh this reminds me of when Justin would go down the street as a little guy and visit with Mr. Haralson. What a great trait to pass on! I remember seeing Ben Smith in the grocery store growing up and as an adult - great couple. His wife was Nanny's hospice nurse.

touch of glass said...

How sweet. Somehow I can believe that, he is easy to love. My kids have a grandma lady in the ward they beg to go visit. She brings them treats and leaves them prizes all the time!

dezertgirlaz said...

That is so stinking cute! I love that picture of him and his friend Ben! What a stud Hunter is!