Monday, March 16, 2009

Jerome

The second day of our trip was too cold to go ride the quads so we decided to go explore the town of Jerome. It is an interesting town for sure! Our good friends the Smith's joined use for the first part of Spring Break. It was so much fun to be with them. They constantly make us laugh. Together our two family are pretty dysfuncional and great entertainment for everyone around us! The kids by whatever that is that's sticking out of the ground along the sidewalk. We ate at this restaurant called Grapes. It was so good and I had the best turkey and raspberry cream cheese sandwich! YUMMY! While we were there Kiersten asked the waitress why it was called Grapes. The waitress said because we have lots of wine here and wine is made from grapes. Kiersten said oh whine, my mom hates whine we get in trouble when we whine! The waitress thought it was pretty cute and it was cute to see Kiersten's innocence. She really had no idea that there was another kind of whine.
This is me and my girls. On this trip Ashley became my little buddy. She rode with us on our day outings and had to be right next to me holding my hand. It was really fun and she kept me laughing which was just what I needed!
Justin and Logan. Logan was enjoying a little soda! He is my only kid that likes soda, but oh how he likes it!
Nellie Bly was a great shop that we all enjoyed. It is supposedly the "worlds largest Kaleidoscope store." There were lots of great kaleidoscopes. I had no idea that kaleidoscopes could cost so much. I mean there were $20,000 kaleidoscopes. CRAZY! The kids all got kaleidoscopes, yeah the $10 ones. But they were so thrilled cause they bought them with their allowance.
Thank goodness the town is very small and the park is centrally located. They kids had so much fun as kids always seem to do.
Hunter showing off his kaleidoscope! He was really quite cool because its the kind that shows whatever it is pointed at. Hunter and I had so much fun looking at the clouds, trees, sidewalks, cars, just everything and seeing how crazy it looked through his kaleidoscope. I love how my kids can make me feel so young. Sometimes when I am playing with them I feel just like a 5 year old, oh how I love that!
Logan is my swinging boy. He just loves to swing and will do it for as long as someone will push him! Justin had swing duty this time.
The park had all these hola hoops. It was lots of fun! Kiersten was cute to watch. We all had fun taking our turns showing off our hula hooping skills. I can honestly say I don't have a lot of skill in this area anymore. Which is a real bummer considering my hips aren't tiny anymore!
Hunter and Ashley enjoying some swing time!
Now Justin really has some explaining to do.................. I need to know what night club he's been going to, cause that boy can shake those hips like no other. Seriously he was suspiciously good!?
Kiersten shaking her stuff. She must have inherited the hula hooping gene from her father!
Now Hunter sadly he got my genes when it comes to hula hooping! It's been a long time since I hula hooped so it was fun to make an idiot out of myself!
After learning that hula hooping isn't as easy as the girls made it look, Hunter did what any 5 year old boy would do..................roll that darn hula hoop down the slide. Ahhhh, something he was good at!
The Cluff Kiddos! Kiersten, 7, Hunter, 5, Logan, 3.
We really stood out with our "herd" of kids!
Hunter bought his first sling shot and was so happy he had just enough allowance left to pay for it.
This was such a funny and crazy building! Probably a brothel at one time or still (I didn't stay to find out)? I just loved the sign and hope I have a "House of Joy!"
HOORAY! I was so happy to find a candy store to feed my sugar addiction! Logan told the lady working in the store that "my mommy likes candy!" It was so cute and very true!
Me, Hunter, Ashley, Kiersten and Maranda. The view from Jerome is beautiful!

2 comments:

Jade said...

Cute pictures!! what a good looking bunch!

Tifani said...

That looked really fun Bec!!! I love to see all the little cool places you guys seem to find!! Love ya