Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun Photo Shoot with the Kids

We had a fun time capturing the shots we wanted for our big announcement. I love any photo shoot but especially ones with my own kids!
I love the boys expressions in this picture.
Kiersten, 7 1/2 yrs old, 2nd Grade.
She is just the sweetest thing! I hope we always have a good relationship. I tell her all the time that I hope she likes me when she's a teenager and she reassures me that she will.
Isn't she BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so grateful to have Kiersten as my daughter. She makes me laugh, she is extremely thoughtful, she gets nervous easy (just like her Mom), she is so smart and works hard at everything. She always gives 100%! She is hard on herself quite a bit (I know where she gets that quality from as well). She told her teacher how "bad it was because she kept getting 98% on her math test." Her teacher said "oh no that's really good Kiersten!" Kiersten told her, "No getting a 100% is good!" So we don't have to put any pressure on Kiersten she is rough enough on herself. In fact, I have to reassure her that missing one on a spelling test is quite OK. I just love Kiersten!!!
Hunter, 5 1/2 yrs old, preschool.
Hunter is the funniest kid you will ever meet! He has such an addicting personality. Everyone he meets loves him and wants to take him home! He is such a clown, but also has such a tender heart. He recently comforted a little boy on his van on the drive to preschool. The little boy, who's not LDS, had just lost his grandma and was sad. Hunter, being the little missionary that he is, told the little boy that he didn't need to be too sad because he would get to see his grandma again. And that because of Jesus, his grandma would have a body again and that her spirit would go back into her body when Jesus comes again. He also to him that they could live with Jesus and Heavenly Father again. Sue Blake, his van driver had tears in her eyes as she told the story. It's in these small moments that you are rewarded for the small talks, FHE lessons, surviving sacrament meeting so the kids could attend primary, all of it.
I love Hunter! He makes my everyday brighter! Even when he's being bad and talking back I have to give him credit 99% of the time he's funny about it. He has a contagious laugh that everyone says should be on a toy!
Logan, 3 1/2 yrs old, preschool.
Logan is a handsome little guy which saves his life quite a bit because he is my wild child. He is so much fun and a bundle of energy! He takes after Hunter and tries to be just as funny as Hunter. Logan is our dare devil who loves to jump off anything! I love hearing Logan call for me in the house or when he says "Tank You Mommy!"
What a STUD!! I just love his smile! He is such a happy kid and smiles all the time.
The photo shoot turned CRAZY after a while..........
Logan was so done with pictures, but he is still so cute even when he stops cooperating.

No comments: