Sunday, April 3, 2011

Justin's Christmas Present Finally Came!

This year for Christmas I gave Justin a trip to Cancun, Mexico (for his "To Treasure" gift)........
well........
the day finally came for our Trip. We left Friday March 4th and enjoyed a full week in Cancun. We drove to Phoenix late Friday night because we had an early flight, we spent more of Saturday traveling.... as well flew to Florida and then onto Cancun.
We finally felt human again Sunday afternoon.......yeah we slept in til noon on Sunday, it was great! Sunday afternoon we walked down the beach to the shopping area in downtown Cancun. We spent a little time at the mall and the flea market.
I had a bracelet made for Kiersten with her name on it because we can never find her name spelled right on anything.
It was crazy how fast this guy could spin out a bracelet all by hand. It probably took him like 5 minutes.........it was cool!
Justin was thrilled when he spotted a Cold Stone in the mall.......I think that is the only reason he let me go in the mall...ha, ha...
Justin was one happy man eating his Cold Stone and enjoying the beautiful weather of Cancun!
I thought the kids would love to see us holding a monkey.....I remember as a kid dreaming of having a pet monkey. It might have came from watching Gilligan's Island.....I am not sure, but I thought a Monkey would be the perfect pet. So I lived out my childhood dream in 5 minutes........and I was good!
Justin said he didn't need to hold the monkey but he did it so the kids could see the picture. He is not so much an animal lover so this picture just shows what he will do to make his kids happy!
This was the view from our room.....breathe taking!
I have always wanted to get a room with a jacuzzi tub in it. I mentioned it to Justin when he was looking at resorts to stay at.....I wasn't even sure he was listening to me. I didn't think much of it because I was pretty sure this wasn't going to be the trip we that we'd get that room. He never mentioned it again and neither did I. So you can imagine my surprise when I walked into our room. What a sweet guy Mr. Cluff is! Thanks Sweetheart for the surprise and the fabulous trip!!!
The resort was All Inclusive which was nice.....there were six restaurants on the resort and then six more restaurants at their "sister resort" just a half mile down the strip. We could eat anything we wanted at any of these places it was included in our package deal.
Lovin' Life
Scary stomach shot I know....sorry. This is the only picture I have of us on the beach :)
We had a wonderful time in Cancun! Our resort was adult only which was nice because we didn't see many kids until we ventured out. It made us not miss our kids as much!

No comments: