Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Can't Wait Until I'm Eight....

For Then I'll Be Baptized You See!
Hunter has been looking forward to his eighth birthday for quite awhile...years actually!
I think ever since Kiersten got baptized he has really been counting down the birthdays til he was eight! I made some invitations and Hunter got dressed up in his new black suit and hand delivered most of the invitations to family and friends. Even doing this was exciting to him he said. I really love this picture....... my two sweet hearts! I tell you what Hunter is going to make a phenomenal missionary one day. And he actually does a great job right now. He asks his Grampie Boswell many times why he doesn't go to church and tells him that Jesus still loves him! Hunter is a good example to us! There were quite a number of non member friends that Hunter wanted to take invitations to. He had no hesitation inviting the non members.......I could learn a lesson from that! Isn't he handsome! We love having the temple here just minutes away! What a great blessing this is!
This was the covers I designed for Hunter's Baptism Programs.
We were all so happy and excited for Hunter's special day!
No one could have wiped the smile off of Hunter's face....
Hunter was able to be baptized on his actual birthday, September 3rd, 2011.
Not very many people have that chance and it just added to his excitement.
I was lucky enough to be baptized on my birthday and it's kind of cool to know that you know the exact date you were baptized. Kinda fun!
The baptism services were great. It was a beautiful program with such a sweet spirit.
Some of the people who participated were:
Grampie Cluff giving the Baptism Talk
Uncle Chris Brogan giving the Talk on the Holy Ghost
Of course Justin was able to baptize and confirm Hunter
Kiersten played a beautiful solo on her violin of "When I Am Baptized"
She did a wonderful job!!!
We also played a nice video of Hunter's life, made by our friend, Terry Williams. I always think it's nice to have something for everyone to watch while you wait for the two baptism participants to change.
Grandma Boswell and Uncle Quincy said the prayers. Uncle Quincy's prayer really made me get choked up because he was getting choked up. It was the sweetest thing!
Uncle Brad and Uncle Chris were the witnesses
Friends and Family that attended were:
Grandpa and Grandma Boswell
Brad and Cheryl Boswell
Quincy, Gloria, Avry, & Lola Boswell
Grampie Cluff, Gramie Cluff & Spencer
Chris, Melissa & Tyler Brogan
Dustin, Amy, Jacob, Katelynn, Ashley, Jacob, Jordon & Erin Curtis
Matthew, Kristen, Maliya & Maddie Player
Mrs. Kim Skinner
Steph, Jeremy, Aiden, & Katie Bingham
Stacy, Kaden, Kendall & Brinner Moore
Jason, Tressie, Chase, Maranda, Ashley and Melanie Smith
Calvin James (Our favorite Lifeguard)
Mary, Josh & Ryan Biggs
Wendy, Shelby, Tasia, Hallie, Ryker & Carsyn Shupe
Sister Bryce, Hunter's Primary Teacher
Brother Nelson & family
Bishop Beus and Sister Bues
The Larson's, the sweet couple that organizes the baptisms in our ward
Our good friend Mac Pryor
It was a wonderful service and we are so proud of Hunter. We are grateful he made the decision to be baptized and follow the teachings of Jesus. Hunter is an amazing kid and will make an outstanding Man some day.
After the baptism and luncheon was over and we got home I had Hunter go in my room where it was nice and quiet. I wanted him to record how he felt after being baptized. This is from his new journal that his Gramie Cluff gave him during her wonderful talk.
It says, "When I got Baptized I felt pure righteousness. I could feel the Holy Ghost. It was Awesome."
Following the baptism we had a family luncheon in Casa's banquet room. Our tradition is to have a small luncheon at one of our favorite restaurants for just our families following our kids baptism. It might not be as intimate or as easy to visit with everyone compared to a luncheon at our house but it sure simplifies the baptism day for me. It relieves me of the stress of making food, putting on a huge gathering, games, keeping all the kids busy, and any clean up! :) It also helps put the main focus on the baptism itself for our kids and not on the party that follows. We usually just all "go Dutch" and everyone pays for thier own dinner and we treat them to a yummy dessert, so it's even cheap and everyone loves an excuse to eat out....LOL! Not that there is a right way to do things like this BY ANY MEANS, but I am grateful for the traditions we have started in our little family.
Hunter said while we were changing out of our church clothes, following his baptism,
"Mom I wish I could turn eight EVERY YEAR!!!"
Hunter was thrilled to have the ladies at Casa sing to him.
And the Fried Ice Cream and picking a gift from the Casa bag didn't hurt either!
We had delicious cupcakes that my friend Krista Hancock made. They were so good and had yummy fillings and everything! She is the best!
Hunter did get some presents from Grammies and of course his mom and dad.
Looks like he has lots of Legos to start putting together!
Congratulations Hunter on finally turning eight and for making the decision to be
BAPTIZED!

1 comment:

Kamala Crockett said...

What a stud! Love the pictures you took. What a special day.