Saturday, September 17, 2011

Seriously Someone is Going to Turn Me in to CPS soon

So a couple of weeks after the stitches incident we had two other accidents.
On a Thursday in the morning I was cooking eggs for breakfast and Logan was helping me stir the eggs in the pan. When they were done I started to dish them out and as Logan was getting down from the stool he put his hand right on the stove top.
It burnt his hand pretty good! So he went to school with a bandaged hand.
Well that same day at school during recess Hunter was playing football and got his finger bent back. He came home complaining about it hurting but I kept hoping it was just jammed. I figured they wouldn't even x-ray it any ways. The following day he just kept complaining that it hurt and he is pretty tough for his age..........he did walk on a broken foot for a week before I took him to the doctor.
Any way after talking with my friend Wendy I decided to take him to the doctor. We saw Dr. Sue, she sent us to get an x-ray and told me to buddy tape it and get a splint for it. She said she'd call with the results but that she thought it was most likely broken. She later called to say that it had a small fracture but that it wasn't out of alignment so that was great news. She did say that they have found that fingers that get broken in youth and don't heal properly end up causing worse arthritis later in life, then normal. So she said you do want to get it checked out just to be sure its going to heal up right. Good thing I listen to Wendy because I wasn't going to take him in until she talked me into it!
So just weeks after having Kiersten with stitches I have to send Logan to school with burnt fingers all bandaged up and Hunter to school with a broken ring finger all bandaged up.
Seriously I am just waiting for the visit from CPS!

No comments: