Friday, September 30, 2011

Our Little Monster Turns Two!

So sad to have our baby turn two!
It has been such a fun two years with Mr. Grant!
Man does he love his brothers and sister!
All day long, not kidding, he asks, "Where Titen (Kiersten)?", "Where Hunten (Hunter)?", "Where Logie (Logan)?", "Where daddy?" now he has started asking, "Where Dammy (Grammy)?"
He now asks those same questions, then wants me to ask him what he asked me, and he gives me the answer!
For example he says, "Where Titan?"
I respond, " Where is Kiersten?"
He says, "sool! (school)"
or
He asks, "Where Dammy?"
I respond, "Where is Grammy?"
he replys, "Dammy at work?"
It is so cute and boy does he talk good. So many people comment on how well he talks. Guess we might not get free preschool out of Mr. Grant, but I can still hope :)
On Mr. Grant's actual birthday we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He was so happy to get to blow out the candles!!! He was good at blowing them out and wanted them re lit several times! And man did he devour his cinnamon roll! Can you say Sugar High? The other kids were just as excited about the cinnamon rolls and blowing out candles. Our tradition is to let all the kids blow out candles on each others birthdays.............you're never too old to enjoy blowing out candles I don't think! Mr. Grant got a new putt-putt from mom and dad! We decided to have a Monster Themed Birthday Party for Mr. Grant. It seemed all too fitting..........we have been calling him "our little monster" for months now! So it started with making fun invitations! I think they turned out great! Kiersten, Hunter and Justin all helped me glue together these gift bags. They turned out so cute! I just love Oriental Trading Company! I traded out pictures with Debbie Green for Mr. Grant's cake.
It turned out cute..........thanks Debbie!
In going with our Monster theme I decided to serve "Monster Kid Food", just like the invitations said, for dinner.
That basically translates into Lots of Sugary Cold Cereals!
The kids thought that was awesome.........and it made several of the parents happy as well!
We decided with 25 kids in attendance we'd do a regular pinata and risk the chance of someone getting pelted with a bat.
Our Little Monster!
I didn't realize my camera settings had accidentally been switched so the quality of these pictures isn't that great............which makes me sad!
I got all of us Monster shirts for the party!
I think they turned out great! I wasn't going to get shirts for Justin and myself, but Justin asked me if I did and I said "No". He said, "Well why not!"
So I ended up ordering us shirts as well.............I just LOVE itsy.com.
Hunter and Logan were oh so excited about their monster knitted hats that I got them.
Pretty cute looking Monster Family if you ask me!
I love that Justin thinks my LOVE of birthday parties is awesome! He is so supportive and helps me with anything I ask to get ready for our parties. Although, he was quite grouchy when I asked him if he could go get our LARGE cafeteria table back from the school for Mr. Grant's party. The school badly needed more seating for lunch time and I offered to let them borrow our school cafeteria table (That my dad got us for $50 at an auction) until they are able to get another table themselves. I did make sure they knew I want my table back...........that thing has came in handy often!
So seeing Justin pretty grouchy about getting that table I recruited JP to help him go get it. That made all the difference in the world. Thanks babe for all your help!
All the kids got to make a monster pin if they wanted.
Josh Biggs was so happy to show me his monster pin!
I made homemade bubbles.............10 gallons of it to be exact. Thanks to my creative cousin, Alison Parker. Thanks Al...........the bubbles were the hit of the party! And everyone enjoyed blowing bubbles just using their hands, just like you said! But I should have listened to the part where you said that it would kill your grass..............cause boy howdy does it!!! With the 6 gallons I have left over I will make sure the kids blow bubbles on the basketbal court or in the front drive!
Wow, now that is some bubble Kiersten!
It was a little windy which cause a challenge to the bubbles, but the kids had fun just the same.
Logan, Josh, Jared and Uncle Dustin
These two boys were so funny to watch they were singing a little jingle while making their bubbles.
Kaely and Kiersten had fun making bubbles together!
The kids enjoying their nutritious dinner of cold cereal.
Easiest party food I have EVER done!!! And a HUGE hit with the kids!
Logan and Ryker on the left and Jared, Katelynn and Mayila on the right
Uncle Brad playing with Mr. Grant
We had about 40 people come help us celebrate!
Mr. Grant wasn't quite sure what to do with the wrapped gifts?
Luckily there were lots of older kids there to help him. He didn't mind them unwrapping his gifts, which was nice! And he didn't care if the truck still was in the packaging..........it was still fun!
Mr. Grant just loves airplanes!
He goes nuts when he sees, or even just hears, them in the sky!
So he was very happy to get toy airplanes from Kiersten!
I had been singing Happy Birthday to Mr. Grant for days now. I would often find him singing it to himself. Of course he would not do it when I wanted to video tape him or on cue to show someone. So it has just been something I have been able to enjoy. It's just so cute............infact as I am sitting to type up this post he saw the pictures and is now singing........."Haddy bortday..........cha, cha.........Haddy Bortday.........cha, cha...............Haddy Bortday to you!"
He got the cha, cha part from his older siblings always singing cha, cha, cha after every line in the birthday song.
Mr. Grant got to go first and he loved hitting that monster with the bat!
All the kids waiting for their turn. I am happy to report that no one got hit with the baseball bat.........thank goodness!!! It was such a fun party to plan and to throw!
Happy Birthday Monster!
There are so many things I love about my Mr. Grant.........but to name two since he is two....
#1 He often comes up to me and gives me a big hug out of the blue........and he is constantly saying, "I Lob You!" or "I Lob You Too!"
#2 He gets so excited to see his older siblings...........it's just too cute. When I have to run to the school for PTO stuff or help with something there and I have him with me, he will just cry when he has to say goodbye to the kids! When I pick the kids up from school Mr. Grant is practically screaming their names and won't stop until they acknowledge him!
Thanks for being such a fun, adorable boy!
We All LOB You Mr. Grant.............Our Little Monster!!!

2 comments:

Kamala Crockett said...

That's so funny we did a monster themed party for Gunnar too! His party was the day after Grant's. I have to say you are a much better party thrower than I am. We had a good time though! Can't wait for pictures tomorrow.

EmilyHerb18 said...

love the monster party! We are doing that for Tanner's third. I think I bought those same Oriental Trading monster bags for his party a year ago. (Yeah I like to plan ahead) haha. You are such a great mom! You're kids are lucky to have you to throw them awesome birthday parties!