Sunday, October 30, 2016

Happy Halloween 2016

It's been one of those years for us.....a good year but the struggles and challenges were with us every step of the way.  I kind of feel like Dory from Finding Nemo.........our motto has become "Just Keep Swimming!"
So I found it only fitting to have that be our theme for Halloween costumes this year.


We are a cute family that much is for sure!


I love these wild kids of mine. 
They often run my life and I struggle to find a balance and a place for me to be me.  But at the same time they are the best part of my life!  I love them so much!


Ella Jane watched the movie "Dory" and loved it!  She sat quietly the entire time the movie was playing in the theater.  So you can imagine her excitement to be Dory.  She is also very fond of getting candy so she was looking forward to the night she got to wear her costume and actually get candy!


Kiersten is such a good sport.  She even said, "Mom I love that we dress up in a theme as a family for Halloween!"  It does help that we always wear out costumes to Grammy Cluff's birthday/Halloween party.  Although this year our costumes got used a ton.  Even before we used them.  The kids all wore them during homecoming week, then the senior class borrowed them for their fair parade float, and then EAC had a Mr. EAC contest and all the fish costumes got used at that.  So I guess it's good that this was our theme this year.  I always like to have our costumes get lots of use and this year that did for sure.


Grant was very excited to get to be Nemo and have his dad be Marlin!


I didn't plan the costumes very well this year because I stuck myself in the extremely HOT wetsuit!!! Not a good idea when its 95 degrees outside for Halloween.  But I was trying to use up some stuff we already had and the kids all wanted to be different characters.
I sure love these boys!


I love this first born of mine!
Happy Halloween!

No comments: