Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Girls Only Cruise to Ensenada, Mexico

Since Justin got to go on a "guys trip" back in August to Las Vegas it was my turn for "girls trip". Plus I deserve it BIG TIME!!! So Stacie Harmon and I went on a three day Carnival cruise to Ensenada, Mexico.
This is us doing a little shopping in down town Ensenada. And we came home to the warning to not go to San Diego or Mexico because of the Swine Flu. What do you do?
A really nice guy named Javier, of course, asked us if we wanted to go on a horse and buggy and so we did. I asked him if I could get a picture of the horse and buggy he said yes and simply picked me up and put me on the horse. It wasn't exactly what I meant, but it was fun. This is our ship in the background the Carnival Elation. Javier was a great photographer as well as a tour guide. He couldn't believe I was about 4 1/2 months pregnant, so I liked him! He said I could bring my baby back and get a free ride, but only if I had a girl. Me, Javier and his horse and buggy. It took a little convincing to get Stacie up on the horse but she finally did it. We couldn't always understand Javier but he was really nice and funny when I could. I teased him that he better not kidnap us! This is an adults only patio at the front of the ship. It was nice and quite. I enjoyed soaking up the sun and reading my book. It was such a nice break to relax so much! The adults only patio had two nice sized hot tubs. We never actually got in but it looked inviting at times. This was the first time I have sipped hot chocolate while laying out, but it was actually quite warm if the wind wasn't blowing.
Stacie and I at dinner one night. We sat at a table for 10 each night for dinner. They assign you your dinner tables. It was quite interesting as the first night it was actually just us and a lesbian couple who made out during dinner. But the following two nights four other people joined us and it was quite fun to visit with them all. The food was good and it was just great to not have to go far for dinner. That's whats so nice about a cruise food, entertainment and relaxation all planned for you. We basically just sat back and enjoyed and that is exactly what I did! ENJOYED!!!
This picture is mostly for my kids so they could see the fun slide. Some day I want to take my kids on a Disney Cruise or any cruise for that matter.
Every cruise I have been on has a ice carving demonstration. It is amazing to watch. They said it would take most people, that know how to carve ice, 8 hours to carve this ice sculpture and cost $1000. This guy did it in less than 30 minutes.
This is the final product. Impressive!
This was our home for the three days. I always love to see the towel origami they come up with on cruises. Our room was the very, very last room at the end of the hall so it made eating all that good food come with less guilt because we always had a good walk to get to our room.
This is the center of the ship. Hard to see I know. One of the best shows on the cruise was a hypnosis show. It was hysterical. I laughed so hard and want to take a trip to Vegas to see another hypnosis show. Anybody want to go?
We got off the ship at 9 in the morning and had all day in San Diego. The only draw back was that we had our luggage with us and I am by no means a light packer. Never have been, never will be, so I got my workout in dragging my bag around. We shopped at a nice out door mall and watched the movie Obsessed. It was good and entertaining! We got some funny looks dragging our luggage around the mall. I had fun telling several people that we don't take shopping lightly, hence the suitcases! They might have thought I was joking but those of you who know me know I am serious!!
We then decided a little early dinner at Anthony's on the harbor was a great way to end our day. I've been to Anthony's before with Justin and the kids so I knew it was good and had a beautiful view to watch the sail boats in the harbor.
My shrimp trio dinner was oh so YUMMY! Makes me hungry just looking at it now.
We got back into Phoenix at 7:30 and I stayed over night with Stacie. The following day, Monday, Justin had meetings over in Phoenix so he picked me up. I got to hang out at the Chandler Mall (all by myself!!) while Justin went to his meetings. I had fun shopping and even watched a movie, Dragonball Evolution. I actually enjoyed that movie and the peace and quite without kids to keep happy during a movie!
All in all, it was a great get-a-way! Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law and Justin for taking care of the kids for the 6 days I was gone. I am not sure if Justin will let me go again without him, at least he said he wouldn't. I reminded him that it isn't his choice! I feel very blessed to have been able to take some much needed (and earned as Justin says) time for myself! Thanks Stacie for the memories! This was the first time I have even taken a real girls trip and I would love to do it again!

2 comments:

touch of glass said...

Love it! I'm going to steal some pictures! You definately make a better journal of the trip than I did! I don't like the look I'm making at the dinner pix. It's probably because of the lesbo taking the pix!!

Unknown said...

Ok, so im blog stocking you! lol!

Man looking at these pictures im totally jealous! I need a VACATION! It looks like you had alot of fun. I had know idea you were pregnant. CRAZY! would of fooled me if i didnt read it. You look really good! Well anyways, im done stocking you for now.
Amanda wood