Saturday, April 4, 2009

The New Addition..................

Well the kids finally did it..............they weakened us until we gave in! Our kids now have what they call their first real pet. I guess the fish, frog, turtle and crabs didn't count because they couldn't be held. So today, Kiersten spend her allowance money to buy a hamster! I still can't believe we are going to have a hampers in our house Eeewww!! But I am grateful it is a lot less work then a dog, like they wanted, and if it bites you it is more like a nibble!
It was actually really fun to play with it in its roller ball. The kids had a great time following it around the kitchen!
Now those are some HAPPY kids!!! It was like Christmas morning for them. So Hunter is really the only one brave enough to hold it regularly. He is going to make it friendly for sure. It actually doesn't gross me out as much as I thought it would. Our friends the Bingham's have one and their son Gavin holds it a lot so it is really friendly. I told Steph that we might bring our hamster by for Gavin to tame for us for a week or two. Kiersten really loves the idea of the hamster, but she is so cautious and it nibbled at her the first time she picked it up out of the box from the pet store. She loves to pet him in his cage and when Hunter is holding him.
So it's been a day of name deciding. First it was Ham Bone, then Ham but I think they've decided on Red because of his red eyes. So until further notice our hamsters name is RED!

2 comments:

Alene said...

You are a great mom! I just haven't been able to bring myself to give into the whole pet thing. I will have to see how this whole hamster thing goes :)

Lee Anne said...

I am not to sure about the hamster but congratulations on your pregnancy! That is so exciting. I am glad things are alright. I can't wait to see another Cluff/Boswell baby. Your kids are beautiful.