Thursday, April 30, 2009

Peter Pan

Kiersten and Hunter are in the Children's Play @ EAC. The play is Peter Pan. They have had a great time being in the play. Hunter is one tough pirate. He loved his costume so much he worn it a lot to just play in at home. He was very excited that I would buy tattoos and let him wear them. He has done a fabulous job! "RRRRRRR......Matee!"
Kiersten is a fairy. She is the prettiest one up there, of course. She was glad she got a part, which surprised me because she is so shy. The plays she has been in have really helped her gain some confidence. Penny Whetten, the director, does an amazing job with the kids. Penny is so good to make them feel comfortable, respectful to each other and helps the kids all gain self confidence. This time the play didn't start until 7:30 which is our kids bed time. I was so worried that they would be so tired, but we have been taking rests in the afternoon to help. So far they haven't complained about it being so late. Although, the first night Hunter said, "Mom I am too tired for play practice." I reminded him that it wasn't a practice that is was a performance. Hunter's reply, "Do I get to wear my costume?" He wasn't too tired once I told him yes it was finally the night to wear his costume. They have two more nights of the play so we'll see how they last.

2 comments:

Tessa said...

I remember being in those plays with Penny. I made my best friends there that I am still close to. I am glad your kids are doing it. It was so good for me.

Unknown said...

So i took my kids to this play, they loved it. My nieces were in it too. did you make her little tu tu? i made livi's but Keirstens is so CUTE!!