Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halloween Eve.......Trick-or-Treating

Since Halloween was on a Sunday we took the kids trick-or-treating on Saturday.
First we started off with a very healthy corn dog from the Taylor Freeze!
They were a big hit with the rabbit! and the rest of the crew for that matter. We had a fun filled night.......... the kids school put on a carnival at the Thatcher Park. It was a great deal of fun and the kids had a blast! After it was over we decided to go to a few good friends houses to trick- or-treat............this is my favorite part. Silly I know, but I LOVE walking around a neighborhood.........seeing other kids and adults dressed up...........having the kids ring each door bell.......I love it all! Tweedle Dum, as Hunter would call him, fell asleep before he had time to finish his sucker.........good thing he has 25 more in his candy bag!
The poor, poor rabbit was dripping sweat by the time we got him home and changed out of his costume. He fell asleep before all or the trick-or-treating was even over!
The Queen of Hearts didn't make the drive back to Wonderland either!
And Tweedle Dee almost got left in his Daddy's truck!
True Story....
Hunter had asked to go with Justin.......we had two separate cars in town because we had to bring the ride on horses to the school carnival........it was one of the things to do.
Anyway, Hunter asked Justin and myself if he could go home with Justin.
The other kids and I stopped to get a water before we headed home........so we ended up being about 20 minutes later getting home.
As Justin was helping me unload the sleeping munchkins........he asks, "where is Hunter? Did he go inside?"
I could tell he was dead serious..........I gently reminded him that Hunter had rode home with him...........
Which he followed up with, "No he didn't!"
At this point I am picturing my little Tweedle Dee scared and alone at the Thatcher Park or heaven forbid something even worse.
I ran to Justin's truck and open the backdoor to find my sweet Tweedle Dee fast asleep.
Glad Justin asked where Hunter was because I would have assumed Justin had tucked him in bed! Glad Hunter just had to spend 20 minutes in Justin's truck..........
All in all it was a fun filled night! Now someone needs to loose the candy before I get another sugar high!

No comments: