Sunday, November 21, 2010

Well It's Not Quite "Wonderland" Around Here...

....but we did have an Alice around for awhile!
Every year we dress up as a family.....so far we have done it as a family theme, not sure how many more years the kids will let us do this, but I really enjoy it!
Halloween is Justin's brother Doyle's birthday, and as he is no longer with us on this earth we feel one way we can help make his birthday special is by dressing up together as a family.
Doyle would have loved it! He was such a fun guy, just full of personality and character!
I ended up being Alice in Wonderland because Kiersten found a Queen of Hearts costume that she LOVED........so you do what ya gotta do!
Justin was thrilled to be a card...the King of Hearts of course! He really doesn't mind dressing up, but was happy for it to be a simple costume. Mac took these pictures for us in my studio and she insisted on having Justin wear red lipstick like the rest of us.........he is such a good sport he didn't say a word! Fuuny story...... When I was talking with the kids, oh probably back in July about what they wanted to be this year of Halloween, i mentioned the idea of Alice in Wonderland and that I had found some awesome Tweeddle Dee and Tweedle Dum costumes on eBay. Hunter's very first words were..."well okay mom that's fine with me..........BUT I am Tweedle Dee and Logan is Tweedle Dum!" Man he is quick! So I got the boys costumes for $10 a piece on eBay.....pretty happy about that find! The kids wanted to pose fun and I thought they did a great job without having any instructions!
Man are these some of the cutest kids or what?
Mr. Grant was the cutest rabbit.........the kids tried hard to teach him his line, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date..." but it didn't quite happen!
Alice..sure loves her King of Hearts!
Oooohhhh Alice....
and the rest of the story is history!
I loved this years costumes......... Happy Halloween

No comments: