Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Patch with the Pryor's

So we took a road trip with the Pryor's, our good friends! They were brave and took Hunter and Logan with them in their car. We headed out to Apple Annie's Orchard on a nice October Saturday. Hunter took this picture for us.........thanks Bud! It was quite the funny experience getting our picture taken by the Lady Greeter.........she was a funny one!
The kids were so excited to find the "perfect" pumpkins!
Mr. Grant and his Mohawk...looking cute as always!
I think Logan found his...
I love taking trips as a family!
Sometimes they are hectic and not exactly "perfect", but I am always grateful for time spent with my family.
This trip was actually quite calm. I think it had something to do with JP.............he scares all of us with his size but he is really a teddy bear.
I also think when the adult to kid ratio is 1:1 things can't go too wrong!
JP was as excited as the kids.
We talked the kids into finding cute baby pumpkins............mostly because the big pumpkins weren't cheap. Plus I am coming back in two weeks with the kids school field trip and they'll each get to pick any size pumpkin they want....it's included in the package.
Kiersten was the easiest to convince to get a baby pumpkin, as she LOVES little things!
Hunter went along with the idea easily as well. It was Logan that really, really wanted a Mommy and Daddy pumpkin......... he was so cute he kept saying, "No tank you..........I get a Mommy one, not a baby one!"
When Mac and I wanted our picture taken by the beautiful sunflowers, Justin said "you know no one will notice the pretty flowers when there are two beautiful women right in the picture............if you want anyone to notice the pretty sunflowers I had better take a picture without you two!"
What a sweetheart!
Logan was finally happy with his Baby Grant pumpkin!
The kids talked us into letting them get two baby pumpkins since they were cheap...........I agreed mostly because I thought I'd use them for a picture idea.....but don't tell the kids that!
Hunter caught a MASSIVE grasshopper.....
of course to feed to Spike!
The boys LOVED this flat pumpkin!
I told them we couldn't buy it but that I would take a picture so they could remember the cool flat pumpkin..............surprisingly they went along with it!
Logan was thrilled to push the produce cart....he kept saying, "Look Mom I am a worker man!"
Hunter gave Mr. Grant this dried corn on the cob..........which didn't bother me at all.
But when JP saw Mr. Grant was chewing on it he about had a heart attach.........I thought something was seriously wrong. JP is such a sweet guy and VERY, VERY cautious when it comes to kids. They haven't been able to have kids yet so they don't know how relaxed one gets with the fourth child.
It was pretty funny!
We had a wonderful time with Mac and JP...........the best part was after the Pumpkin Patch Justin and JP took all the kids home while Mac and I went on to Tucson and did a little shopping!
So fun and hopefully an annual tradition!

No comments: