Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Few Summer Fun Things.....

Doesn't this picture just scream Summer Fun!



Kiersten, Hunter and Logan racing on the slip'n slide!  Mr. Grant close behind!


Our friend Judy McClain and Nikki Davis invited us to join them at the Thatcher Park for some Slip'n Slide fun!  And fun it was!


My kids haven't done a slip'n slide for years so they were very excited!


And boy it didn't take them long to get the hang of it!
Hunter and Kiersten 


Logan  having a ball.
It was such a fun day of picnicking, visiting with fiends (I really miss seeing Judy on a regular schedule), playing at the park and of course Slip'n Sliding!


Another day while Mr. Grant was asleep I let the other kids pretend to shave.
Seriously they thought this was the coolest thing ever!


Logan thought it tickled to scrape the shaving cream off his face...... silly guy!


Hunter was all business......he asked me for days after this if I knew what age he would be when he would really need to shave?  Too cute!



What would the summer be without playing in the rain.
Logan was at a friends house and Hunter was working at the shop so it was just Kiersten and Mr. Grant at home.  But they both loved playing in the rain together!


I just love summer rains.....only wish they would last longer!


Kiersten singing....

What if all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops?
Oh what a rain that would be.
Standing outside with my mouth open wide
Singing  a-a-aa-a-a-a-a-aa.

Another one of my favorite rain songs is....

It's raining, it's pouring,
The old man is snoring.
He bumped his head on a rusty nail
And he couldn't get up in the morning.


One day I borrowed a chocolate fountain from Wendy to surprise the kids with.  And boy were they surprised.....I must say we all enjoyed this surprise!  


Kiersten had Hanna over to play or "hang out" as they call it now.  Too old to call it playing even thought that's what they do.
Once again Mr. Grant was napping so he missed out!


Such Yummy Goodness!

We had such a fun summer!  
I wish it was a month longer!  We enjoyed the pool everyday!  Justin did a great job building the pool and all we wait for is the cement around it!  I'll have to post pictures of that big project!

Needless to say our summer was full of fun, Popsicles, friends, pool time and lots of laughter!

No comments: