Friday, August 17, 2012

San Francisco.....Day 3

This was our last day.....our flight was at 4:00 so there was still time for some sightseeing and fun!



We headed out for some shopping!


This is Pier 39








Interesting shops here...


This picture is for Hunter.....I knew he would love to see this!


Our first stop was Trish's Mini Donuts.


They make them right went you order them....so they are delicious.


They were so warm and yummy!
They melted in our mouths!


Love the view of all the yachts. 


This is Alcatraz in the back ground!


Thanks Steph for a fabulous trip!
We already started talking about our trip for next year :) Even if it doesn't happen it's great therapy to plan a trip I think!  And planning the trip is cheap!


It was cool to watch the seals at Pier 39.




I knew my kids would love to see this crab sculptor.


It was funny how some of the seals seemed to just try to annoy the other seals....then there was this guy at the bottom of the picture.  Seriously I thought he might be dead.....he never moved.


This is the view of the city  from Pier 39......I just love it!
The fact that San Fran has so many hills sure makes for a gorgeous landscape picture!


We then took a bus to China Town.  Steph had never been to a big city with a China Town before so she didn't know what to expect.



I think she was a little disappointed or it just wasn't what she expected.  But it was still fun to see she said.


I find it very interesting that a lot of major cities have a China Town and a Little Italy.


We really were the minority on these streets.....not that it is bad just different then what I am use to is all.


I loved the Chinese lanterns and the light poles.  My boys would have loved to see them as well.


After an hour and a half in China Town we were ready to leave.  We headed back to Fisherman's Wharf for some last souvenirs for our kids and for lunch.


We had lunch at this Bistro......it was yummy and really hit the spot.


The bakery had this amazing pulley system that carried the baskets of breads from one end to the other.  


It was amazing the intricate animal breads they had....my kids would have LOVED to see them in person.  They enjoyed just seeing the pictures of them AND...


I surprised them with a medium sized turtle bread!
They thought it was the coolest thing ever.  A couple of days after getting home I made potato soup (Hunter's favorite dinner) and we enjoyed turtle bread with it.


Loved this Gold Guy!!


He was such a gentle man, he kissed both Steph's and my hand!


One thing I just love about taking trips to big cities is all the street entertainment.    This guy really did sing beautifully!


I loved the crab huts right on the sidewalks.
It's making me hungry for crab legs right now!


This "street entertainer".....I would hate to call him a bum because he was so much more then that! 
He was HILARIOUS! He hide behind those branches and scared the CRAP out of a ton of people!  It was hard to walk away because every time you could see another person coming that would totally be the perfect person to scare and then he would scare them.  I mean full blown SCREAMING scare them!
Think this would go over well outside the doors of Walmart?


I don't know the name of these plants/flowers but I love them!
I knew Kiersten would have loved to see them so this picture is for her!
One this trip I kept thinking how fun it would be to bring Kiersten, my only daughter, on a trip to San Fran.  I love doing things for her because she is very appreciative of everything!



I love just being silly with Steph.  We can laugh to the point of crying and at times have cried to the point of laughing!  That's just how we roll!




Sweet ship in the back ground right?
I guess you can tour it my friend told me once I was home.
Just one more thing on the list to do when I get to go again.


After our silly photo shoot we headed back to our hotel to grab our luggage and check out.  Steph had made the arrangements with the concierge that morning while I was checking out of the hotel.  So we grabbed our luggage and waited for the van to the airport.

We got on the van, he took our tickets and then we continued to pick up probably 5 more people at different hotels.  Once the van was full he asked us all what airline we were traveling with and then he mentioned the time to get to the San Francisco airport.

Slight problem........we were flying out of Oakland airport, not San Francisco!!!

The guy was not happy about that at all!!! He was not going to the Oakland airport!! He called in the problem and then dropped us off on the street to catch a cab to the airport.  He was cussing up a storm about the whole situation.  I didn't know what to say because I was not part of us getting our tickets or telling them which airport we were flying out of.  Steph was not happy with the situation either because she knew she had told them Oakland.   So not only were we out the cash from him but we now had to pay for a cab.  But by then who cared we just needed to hurry or we would be paying for a new flight to Mesa as well!

It was quite chaotic but seriously makes for a great story!



So if you MUSTACHE we had a great time and it was sad to see the trip end!

No comments: