Monday, August 20, 2012

San Francisco.....Day 1

I am in love with San Francisco!



I can't wait to go back with Justin and hopefully one day take Kiersten on a little girls trip there as well.
It is such a fun place to visit!


My friend Steph and I have been trying to take a trip together for quite a while now.  We were suppose to go last summer but her husband, Jeremy Bingham, broke his neck in the Safford/Thatcher Allstar Football Game.  He miraculously survived the accident and is doing great.  So this trip was much over do for her!

We flew to San Fran late Thursday night  and guess what the next day was?

My 35th Birthday!!!

It was actually a WONDERFUL birthday.....I guess being on a trip on your actual birthday just makes it great!  It even got me out of a ticket on the way to the airport.  The cop told me he didn't want to ruin my birthday or to spent all my trip money on a ticket so he gave me a warning! Thank goodness!  And Steph there is no need to comment on my lead foot on our trip.  :)  Seriously on the drive home I think those street cameras just wanted a picture of Grey Thunder or something?  Crazy!


Our first day we rented bikes and biked across the Golden Gate Bridge and went to a little town called Sausalito .  It was way fun and a great work out in one!
Steph didn't quite enjoy the bike riding as much as I did though.


I just tried to take it all in.  I really wish you could go back and relive fun moments in your life.  Since you can't, I try hard to make sure I am aware of myself enough to at least enjoy those moments to the fullest the first time!

I was so grateful to get to take this trip!
I got our favorite babysitter, besides Grandma's, Katelyn Curtis to come watch the kids.  She watched the them half the day on Thursday and all day Friday.  So I knew they were having a fun time while I was gone as well.....Katelyn is the "GREATEST BABYSITTER EVER," to quote Hunter!  Then Justin was so kind and did full time dad duty ALL WEEKEND!
I realize more and more not all husbands choose to do that....so I am very thankful to be married to such a wonderful guy!
Thanks for letting me take this trip babe!  And thanks for paying for it.....LOL!
Justin is really nice and tells me quite often that he thinks I actually earn more money then I get to spend by being a House Hold Engineer!
What a great title right, House Hold Engineer!   


This is the view from Sausalito.


All the houses are just beautiful.  Although I can not even imagine not having a big backyard.  Gorgeous houses though!



Steph and I were so HOT, in every sense of the word, (ha, ha) so we got fun Sausalito shirts to change into. 


 This is the view from Sausalito.....San Fran is in the back ground.
It is just gorgeous!


Sorry about all the pictures.....I just really want to remember how neat of a trip this was.  Sausalito has tons of cute boutiques, yummy places to eat and just beautiful views.



This picture shows the Golden Gate Bridge on the left and to the very far right is Sausalito.  The bike ride to just to get to the bridge from where we rented the bikes was far as well.  It ended up being a 10.2 mile bike ride and remember it's San Francisco so that means HUGE hills.  It was a challenge to ride the bike up the hills instead of walking it.  But I always made it up without walking the bike....I was super happy about that considering my Crossfit work outs this summer have been lacking to say the least.  Actually I only worked out around 7 days each month, May, June and July.....not proud of that fact but I am proud I could still bike such steep hills.  
Steph got a little whiny about me making it up all the hills and about me having an easy time biking.  I can say that because SHE is the one that kept saying "how whiny she was being." :)  I would never say it otherwise!  
It was kind of funny to see her so whiny....love you girl but yes I have to agree with you, you were a bit whiny at times!
Actually she was just being really hard on herself.  She did awesome on our 10.2 mile trek!!!


On the ferry ride back to San Fran we passed by Alcatraz.  I did not realize tickets to Alcatraz sell out weeks in advance so we were not able to actually go tour it.  This was as close as we got......just means that's something new Justin and I can do went we make it to San Fran!


It's crazy how many bikes they can cram on to the ferry boat.  They sure have that down to a science!



One thing I just LOVE about big cities is the "street entertainment", not sure what else to call it.
This guy would make a cool whistle sound as he moved like a robot.....after you dropped some cash in his basket of course.  I knew Hunter would like him because he had a lot of purple on.....that's Hunter's favorite color!


After all that biking we went back to the hotel to freshen up a bit.  Then we hit the streets of Fisherman's wharf.  Our hotel was in the Fisherman's Wharf area.....such a great location to stay!  Close to all the fun San Fran stuff!



Steph had heard from a friend that this restaurant was really good and it was right on the water so we decided to give it a try for my birthday dinner.


It was just so fun to get to catch up with Steph!  She just got finished with her 3rd semester of nursing school.....only 1 to go!



We really enjoyed trying clam chowder at several different places on this trip.....I think we both agreed that we liked the one we had in Sausalito the best.



We were both really looking forward to some delicious crab legs....when this came out I told Steph,
 "Did we accidentally order crap legs?"
Doesn't this look disgusting? I didn't realize we order dungeness crab, they actually didn't have snow crab legs.



Seriously I couldn't eat much of it......I mean look at the hair on these legs!  I like my crab clean shaven.......snow crab legs are the only way to go!!
So dinner was a little disappointing but the shopping for the day was not......


It was a fabulous birthday for sure!  I bought myself a new watch while in Sausalito.  My first Nixon brand watch.....I just love it!  I also got some Tommy's while shopping at Fisherman's Wharf.  Great birthday presents for sure!

No comments: