Sunday, August 19, 2012

San Francisco......Day 2


We started off our second day with some delicious crepes from the Crepe Cafe at Pier 39.


They had so many yummy looking ones to choose from.....but I went with a classic strawberry.


Steph decide that we should travel to San Jose to go see the Winchester Mystery House.  So we did.....we rode on the Bart first, then took the Caltrain ride to San Jose, then got on a bus that took us on to the Winchester House. All in all it was about a 3 hour trip, one way.
 It was quite the trip I would say, but pretty cool house.




This is a candy replica of the house.... my kids thought it was pretty cool!


I wish it would have listed how long it took to make.


A little history of the house.....
Mrs. Sarah Winchester, heiress to the Winchester rifle fortune, after loosing both her husband and only child she spent the last half of her life and $5,500,000 building a house that contains over 160 rooms.
It is said that she thought the house was haunted by spirits that had been killed by Winchester guns.  In order to escape the spirits she continued to build onto the house 24 hours a day for 38 YEARS!
Crazy stuff!


It is very interesting to tour the home and the grounds.  The gardens are beautiful and the house well peculiar to say the least.


It always amazes me the detail that went in to homes so many, many years ago.  This home was built in 1884 and as some would put it was never completed because up until the day she died there was continuous construction on the house.




It would have been so fun to know such a interesting person as Sarah Winchester.  Pretty sure she had some major mental health issues but who am I to judge :)


This was us on our hike to Lombard Street......it was just a couple of blocks up from our hotel but they sure were steep blocks!


Me being silly about the trek....



Steph being even sillier!!
We laughed a lot just on our hike to see the "crookedest street."



We made it..... it was worth the hike.  Pretty fun sight to see!



The flowers were so beautiful!
And yes I have a spike backpack....I borrowed Kiersten's new school back pack for this trip.  I actually kept having people comment on it and some even took pictures of it. Just like the trip to Disneyland....this back pack is a big hit!



We walked up the gazillion stairs to get to the top.  It's a much better picture of the crooked street from the bottom.



This is one AMAZING gal!  I love her so much and she came into my life during my darkest hours.  We have helped each other through some very difficult times!  I am so blessed to have her as my friend!


GORGEOUS! 




It was great fun spending the weekend with Steph.
Man I just noticed you can really see my half green half brown eye in this picture.


There was an endless stream of cars.



After enjoying Lombard Street we walked to Ghirardelli Square.


We enjoyed a yummy shake with Ghirardelli chocolate.....seriously it was insanely good!






This was the view from the top of Ghirardelli Square.....the place where Steph was secretly trying to kill me! 


It was a beautiful sunset.  Steph was wanting to take "the Perfect" picture of me with the sunset in the back ground.  I kind of thought she was trying to kill me because she made me stand on the bench, then sit on the railing, then lean while sitting on the railing.  It was hilarious....we laughed so hard!


There is just so much fun stuff in San Francisco.



We had to redeem ourselves from our bad dinner experience the night before.  So we decided to hit Joe's Crab Shack.  Steph had never been before so I knew she was in for a treat.


We were so excited for delicious SNOW CRAB LEGS!!!


We were not disappointed with our meal.  We were so hungry we devoured it before we took a picture.  But trust me it was yummy and really made up for the night before!
It was a fabulous second day in San Fran.  We couldn't believe how much we did and saw in this day!

1 comment:

anna said...

you two are so beautiful! Glad you finally got to take your trip! :)