Friday, September 4, 2015

Cabin in Greer

This was home sweet home for the weekend!  We thought about bringing our toy hauler up and camping but Justin couldn't come up as long as the kids and I could so Justin suggested I rent a cabin. 


Don't have to tell me that twice! I was so excited to stay at a cabin in Greer. My dream is to one day have a cabin of our own up here. It's close to Pinetop/Lakeside area with plenty of shopping and restaurants. I think Greer is such a sweet little town.....a hidden treasure in the White Monutains. Plus it's only about 40 minutes to a hospital, which is a must for this group! Now I just need to find someone who wants to go in on a cabin with us :) 


I love Mr. Cluff! 


The Little Colorado River was only a couple hundred feet from our cabin so the kids spent lots of time down fishing. It was great because we didn't have to load up and go. In fact one morning Kiersten, Hunter, Logan and Grant all went fishing before the rest of us were even awake. Hunter caught 3 fish so far and Logan was the first to catch a fish!  

They also caught two snakes.....yuck!  I only let them keep these till Justin got here. They wanted him to see what they caught. No one even complained when I told them we had to let them go. I reassured them that if they caught another snake they could keep it to play with for the day and then we'd let it go so that it could live. Everyone thought that was far. 

This was the kids favorite fishing spot!  I think I could get use to a cabin in Greer real easy. Regardless it was a wonderful weekend enjoying the cool weather and my super cool family! 


You should have seen how excited this girl was about catching this fish!! It was even the biggest catch of the weekend!!  Way to go Kiersten! 



No comments: