Thursday, September 3, 2015

Turning Twelve

It's hard to believe that Hunter is 12 years old today! 


From the looks of this picture I'd say he was pretty excited about it!  Hunter is such a funny kid!  This was "his pose"....


Then I told him, "Okay now a picture for mom please!" 


I took Hunter and his friend, Brody Brown, out to lunch to celebrate. We ate at the Taylor Freeze. It was so funny when I went to check Brody out of school he was actually in the nurses office. Yeah on a dare he grabbed a prickly pear cactus with both hands!!  Needless to say, the nurse was happy to send him with me!  She had enough of him. They had spend quite a lot of time trying to get out the stickers with tweezers but the nurse could hardly see them. So they had resorted to putting elmer's glue all over his hand to try and get them out that way. It worked okay but Brody's hand were still hurting him at lunch. All I could think was that he is a great friend for Hunter. Because this sounds like something he would do.....he loves a good dare. In Brody's defense he did get a LARGE BAG OF HOT CHEETOS for grabbing the prickly pear....lol!  When he told me that as he sat on the nurses table I said, "well then it was totally worth it!!"


Today we left early for Greer to stay for the long Labor Day Weekend. Once we got in to Pinetop we had dinner at Darby's Cafe, our favorite Restraunt in the White Mountains. Hunter was pretty happy to get to eat here on his birthday!!
  
12 Things I Love About Hunter

1.  His smile brightens my day. 
2.  He is super smart. This year he is challenging himself by taking high school math. He is in Algebra One as a 7th grader and on his first test he got the highest score!!
3. Hunter has a quick wit....sometimes he pushes the envelop of being rude but for the most part he is just funny! He of course always thinks he's funny :)
4. He can be extremely helpful!
5. I love that he is so comfortable around people. He can talk to ANYONE!!  He'll make a great missionary. 
6.  I love that talking to him is like talking with an 80 year old man. The range of conversation he can hold is amazing! 
7.  He loves scouting!!
8. I love seeing Hunter's love for his Uncle Quincy. That man can do no wrong in Hunter's eye.
9. I love to watch Hunter dance!  He has such a fun time with all the girls in his group!  Hunter will have no problem once he can go on dates I tell you because he is really comfortable around girls. 
10.  I love Hunter's creativity!!  
11.  I love how Hunter is ALL BOY!!  Anything boys typically love so does Hunter. 
12. I love seeing how much Hunter has matured over the past few years!  He is coming such an outstanding young man and he makes me proud to be his mom!! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!
We Love You!!

No comments: