Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Happy Birthday!

Well today I didn't get to spend my day as I would have hoped.  Justin and I are trying a new therapist in the Mesa area.  We had a 6 hour session with him on Monday.  We both walked away from it frustrated and I would say I left feeling like it might be the end for us.  It was very discouraging in the least.
Wayne, our therapist, wanted to see us back on Wednesday, today.  Even though it was my birthday I decided it was fine, we'd go back.  After another 6 hour session, Justin and I both made MAJOR breakthroughs.  I feel like I really was able to work through some pain that I have been carrying around for quite some years.  Justin made even more of a break through.  He actually cried during the last part of our session.  He has only cried 3 times since I have known him and 2 of those times seemed forced at the least.  But today he was able to express what he was feeling inside.  He was able to say what he feels and there was raw emotion to his words!  It was honestly remarkable to experience!  Justin and I both are on cloud nine.  This is the first time in a decade at least that Justin hasn't seemed like a robot when it comes to his emotions or feelings.  Okay probably much longer than a decade to be honest.  He really has been shut down in that department since before we got married. 
We both left this session with so much hope!  I have to say it was the best birthday present I could have ever asked for!  My heart is full today!


I also received this cute candy gram from Kristen, Matt and the kids!  Made me feel special that they would make such a cute thing for me.



My mother in law also go me this cute sign to hang a wreath on, along with a nice card and some spending money.  I mean who couldn't use some retail therapy!
All in all, turning 39 was great!  Justin and I were exhausted after such a long, intense therapy session.  But we walked the mall a little afterwards, got back massages in the mall together and then ate at B.J.'s Brewery and Restaurant.  Even got Pizookie for dessert!
We enjoyed talking the whole way home from our therapy session.  It was a real treat to have such a great day with Justin.  As we went to bed, Justin said he didn't want to fall asleep because he was afraid he would wake up and today would have been a dream.
He feels so amazing having expressed his emotions today!
It was a wonderful day!  Thank heavens, prayers were answered today.  There is much work ahead of us, but my heart is more hopeful than ever!  I feel like my soul was able to take a breath today and boy oh boy does that feel good!

No comments: