Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Life Does Not Pause

We had only been home from Texas for 5 minutes, literally 5 minutes, when neighbors came over to swim. We were unloading our car when they came. Sure why not just jump back into real life right?
Then the next morning after getting Hunter off to scout camp, Logan and Grant wanted to go fishing at the pond. I told them if they would pull weeds tonight then they could go fishing. They happily agreed! 


Of course they had to have friends go with them. So Ryker and Carsyn Shupe joined them. 


They packed their own lunch, nets, tackle box, fishing poles and water. 


If I got to pick where I got to live I wouldn't necessarily pick Pima, or the Gila Valley for that matter. This wasn't my plan, but I choose to find the positives about living here. I love that the kids have a pond just minutes away.  I love that they can hop on their bikes and ride down there to fish, swim, kayak, paddle board and just have some small town fun.
I am always reminded how much it matters that we choose to be happy about situations we are in, that are out of our control to change.  
#ichoosehappy


Logan has become quite the fisher man.  He ended up catching 2 fish..... he was the only one that caught anything.

They had a fun time.  I like that my young kids get these opportunities to be responsible.  They are growing into such good people.
We love Grant's Pond.  And of course Grant loves that the pond is named after him ;)  
#notreallybutwelethimthinkthat




No comments: