Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Camping in Glenwood for Labor Day

I had made reservations at an RV park about 5 miles down the road from the Catwalk. I almost canceled them but the kids were so excited I couldn't do it. So we went camping this weekend and had some fun. The kids really enjoyed it and Kiersten said she wants to move there.

There was an awesome trail that we took the rail on. It kept crossing over the river that was running really good. At one point we even had to ride straight up the river, good thing it was really rocky. It was fun! I love to get out and explore new places in the rail.

The kids seriously thought they were swimming in only 6 inches of water. They had such a blast and I had a fun time watching them.

I have been in a weird funk this past week so I was in need of small joys. I love to watch Logan when he is playing by himself and talking to himself. It is just pure joy to watch him. He had a grand time just playing with the rocks on the river bank. Sometimes the small, simple things are what really bring us joy and happiness!

It was great to be out and enjoy the beauty around us. Sometimes when things aren't quite going the way you want you really start to find beauty in things you usually take for granted.

Kiersten lost her top tooth the day we left for Glenwood. She was so excited that the Tooth Fairy found us in the toy hauler and ever brought her two gold dollars just like last time. That Tooth Fairy she's a smart one I'll give her that!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting about the small joys! i needed that today =) so fun to look at all the cute pics of your kids. i agree. . we all need a hunter around!

Alene said...

It looks like you have had tons of fun. Your kids are lucky to have such fun parents, will you adopt me? You look great in the pics, sexy mamma!!!

Donelle said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'm so glad you had the chance for a little family get-a-way. Love the pictures. Your kids are just too cute!

The Claridge's said...

Your blog is too cute, and your family is beautiful. I found your blog on the Konopnicki's. I'm Brenda Lira's sister Jennifer.

Tessa said...

I am glad I found your blog so that we can keep up with you guys since we never get to see you any more. My mom refuses to blog but you can pretty much keep up with her through mine!

Happy Trails...

__kARLY* said...

ahhh. youre pictures are SO cute. and i have this great idea, its about you coming to idaho and taking my senior pictures. great idea, never going to happen, but i just thought id share it with you. since, i know every one of the cluffs loves idaho, its just like utah.;) haha.anyways! cute page, i love your pictures! i miss you guys

emmielou said...

Hey, I am trying to figure out what I should do about getting pictures done after the baby is born. I would like to get a family session done with Jonathan, the baby and I before he deploys. He will only be here for 2 weeks after the baby is born and then reports to Irag and won't be back with us until Nov.09. So, I don't know if you would travel here to do them or if I should get someone down here and then bring the baby up to you for baby pics when I feel like traveling? I know I'll want ones of the baby when it's a bit older but have to get some done before Jonathan leaves. Let me know what you think. Thanks, love ya Emily