Thursday, January 8, 2009

I tell you it never ends.................

So our hardwood flooring in the playroom and kids retreat started to warp, after they finished my photo studio in our basement. Long story, but the just of it is that because the drywall was so bad, the tape and texture guy had to put so much mud on the walls and ceiling. It took days for the room to dry enough to put a second coat on. A couple of days later the floor above (hardwood floor) started to warp. So now (4 months later), they ripped up the floor.
Logan was freaked out by the sight of the workers ripping up the floor. He came and got me, held my hand, walked me to the room and showed me the mess. He kept telling the workers, "My mommy be so mad a'chu!" and "You Notty!" The workers got quite the kick out of him.
It's so sad to see your new house torn apart!
Thank goodness they came back the next day to replace the floor. Hunter loved watching the workers and asking them thousands of questions and I just let him. Hey if you are in my house you'll just have to deal with the kids!
Oh it's complete.......................
Well almost.......................they ran out of wood with one, yes I said ONE ROW of wood flooring to go. I knew something would happen. Now they have to order more and they'll be back in a week or two to finish it. It's a dang good thing I have a good sense of humor, what else can you do but laugh right?

No comments: