Saturday, January 10, 2009

We made it through 10 years of marriage, so we decided to celebrate in style! Grand Cayman's here we come

This is the resort that we stayed at..........Grand Cayman Beach Suites right on the 7 mile beach.
Breath taking as it looks, this picture doesn't come close to doing it justice. It wasn't very crowded and the weather was perfect. This is what we spent a lot of time doing............RELAXING! This was the first vacation we've been on where we didn't try to cramp a million excursions into our trip. We allowed ourselves to just simply lay and relax! It was just what we needed, the timing of our trip couldn't have been better. We were able to spend one glorious week on the Island and celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary while there. The resort use to be the Hyatt and had recently been bought out and all redone. It was beautiful! The view from our balcony, just gorgeous and the tropical breeze made it perfect! While on our trip we ate at some wonderful restaurants.
Us in the lobby of our hotel. We went on our trip the week before Christmas, crazy I know. I was well prepared and had all of Christmas bought and wrapped before I left.
Iguana's roam freely on the Island. Some of them were huge. It was fun to see them randomly on the streets.
I have learned a great deal through out our marriage, especially over the past 5 months. If I am being real, it hasn't always been an easy 10 years. I am very hopeful that the next 10 will be better, at this point they have to be! I am grateful for Justin and what he has taught me about myself. What a fun, hard, thrilling, difficult, happy, fulfilling journey it has been so far! I am still trying to learn to "dance in the rain!"
I am so grateful for my testimony and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that through the Atonement our hearts can be changed and healed. Life is such a process but I am grateful for the opportunity I have to live it! I love life and want our family to have a great life TOGETHER. I love my sweet little family and the wonderful children we have been blessed with. I have much to be thankful for! Thanks Justin for taking this journey with me! I honestly won't rather travel it with anyone else. Like I first said at Cottonwood, "You are more than enough for me!"
I love the ocean! I would love to live close to the beach.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That picture of you two together while eating, you are SO beautiful. It seems like not to long ago we were in biology together! Glad you had fun on your 10th anniversary, I spent mine in the hospital :( but we are shooting to do something fun for our 11th! :)