Saturday, January 10, 2009

Some Favorite Winter Treats

Winter and the holiday season just isn't complete without making Sandra Smith's cranberry muffin's. This dessert is divine! It is so YUMMY, you have to eat it with a spoon. The butter sauce over a warm cranberry muffin is hard to beat. This treat has become one of our family winter traditions. I love it an extra amount because it reminds me of Sandra and I just adore her. She is one of my greatest friends!!!
I found this recipe for candy cane punch so I thought I would try it out and is was delicious. I didn't even know there was peppermint ice cream, but combined with sprite and strawberry jam it makes for a great drink. If anyone wanted me to post the recipes for any of these just let me know.
You can hand candy canes over the side of the bowl to make it look fancy.
The kids loved these Santa pancakes. The pancake mix is really good and simple. You add some vanilla and cinnamon to the regular mix ingredients and it is oh so YUMMY!
Hunter really enjoyed the Santa pancakes. Now when I make pancakes they want them to taste like these ones. I am just glad they don't ask me to decorate them every time! Hunter wore this ELF hat quite a bit this holiday season...............what a character.
Kiersten is so pretty! She was way impressed with my abilities to make a pancake look like Santa. What am I going to do when they get bigger and I can't impress them anymore?

1 comment: