Sunday, July 25, 2010

Birthday Surprise................Times Two

Thanks to Kiersten, with Stacy's help I was surprised bright and early on my birthday! As I was putting on my shoes to go for my daily walk with Stac..........her and Kiersten peek around the corner with a blindfold and a crown. I was very surprised!
But Kiersten was even more excited then I was. I loved every minute of it! Looking sexy in my workout attire!
It's always fun to get into a vehicle......blindfolded!
We were all smiles and I made it without bumping my head so I was especially happy! They took me to Denny's for breakfast! It was great fun! What a wonderful friend and amazing daughter I have!
Kiersten had kind of made me suspicious to expect something on my birthday but I wasn't thinking breakfast so I was very surprised. Stacy had told me to plan to go to dinner with Justin and that she would watch my kids. What a great friend! So she decided to come to my house to watch the kids since Mr. Grant was asleep.
Justin and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Casa. When we returned home I received my second birthday surprise...........a SuRpRiSe BiRtHdAy PaRtY!
I was not expecting that for sure. It was fun to hear how Kiersten had planned the whole thing and asked Stacy to help her with the details.
When Justin and Kiersten made the list of friends and family members they thought I'd want at my party it was 102 people! Kiersten couldn't figure out what to do with all those cars so Justin suggested just inviting people with in walking distance.....so cars needed that way. Smart thinking since we don't live in a neighborhood where it would be easy to hide a ton of cars.
So if you weren't actually invited to my surprise party YOU were on the list!
My mom made my favorite German Chocolate Cake from SCRATCH!! I ended up having 3 cakes and Kiersten insisted on making me blow out candles 3 times. They sang happy birthday to me all 3 times. It was all very fitting as I was turning 33!
Tressie had quite the time lighting all those candles.
Happy Birthday to Me!
Notice all that smoke...........we were afraid it might make the fire alarms go off. All the kids enjoyed teasing me about all the smoke.
Me and my buddy Ashley
Me and Stacy
I told her to beware........her birthday is in November and you know what they say about paybacks. He birthday is actually the same as Logan's November 26th.
Where's the fire extinguisher?
The Smith's, the Moore's, the Shupe's and the Pryor's (except for Mac) came to help celebrate. What a great group of friends we have right here in the neighborhood. We missed Mac and the Bigg's Family as they weren't able to come.
Wendy, Me, Stacy, and Tressie
They even had sparklers.....my favorite!
Look at all those kids and that is only 4 families.............I love it!
Our friend Josh happened to walk down to join us.
I enjoyed the sparklers just as much as the kids did.
As you can see........I was thrilled with my surprise party!
Tasha, Hallie and I enjoying the sparks! It was a swimming party!
My Sweet Family
I love them so much!
I thank my Heavenly Father daily for each of them. I am blessed beyond words with an amazing family, terrific extended family and wonderful friends!
My buddy Ashley wanted her own picture with the birthday girl. She is one kid I can not turn down.
All the kids really enjoyed swimming while all us adults gabbed.
We sure have enjoyed our pool!
I just had to have a picture with the master mind behind my party. Kiersten is such a thoughtful daughter. I love every minute of my party! It was so fun to hear how things were planned and how most of it was Kiersten's ideas......too cute! I was totally thrown off because I had already have a surprise breakfast.........Stacy and Kiersten are quite the team! It was a great birthday! Thanks everyone! I got lots of phone calls and texts from so many friends which just added to my day!

No comments: