Sunday, July 25, 2010

Marla's Quick Trip..

to Safford. She came down for Aunt Mill's funeral. It was a bitter sweet reunion.........sad to have Aunt Mill pass away. She was more like a grandma to us. I can remember as a kid going every day through most summers with mom, Aunt Mill and us kids to walk the trail at Upper Arcadia on Mt. Graham. I loved to go out to Aunt Mill's house as a kid. She lived out in "Cactus" as she always called it and it was the best place to play hide-and-seek. I also loved playing in the old cars that she had around her house. Aunt Mill taught is girls to tole paint.....and so much more. She had a wonderful life and I know she must have been thrilled to be reunited with Uncle Weasel. She missed him so much! He was such a fun person.
Four of our Five siblings........Marla, Brad, Me and Quincy. We had a great time visiting many relatives we haven't seen in many, many years. I love it when my sister comes to visit even if it has to be a fast trip. I love her so much!
Marla, Brad and my fun sister-in-law Cheryl. The four of us had a good time going out to eat one night while Marla was down.
Siblings and spouses....Justin and Becky, Marla (Troy stayed back in Chicago), Brad and Cheryl, Quincy and Gloria. What a fun group! We played the Wii, acted silly and enjoyed being around each other.
Kiersten wanted in on the picture fun so this was Brad's idea. He is such a fun Uncle and my kids just love it when he comes over!
Hunter of course needed his turn!
I just love my sister! She adds so much fun to our family! I was so glad she was able to make it down for the funeral considering the short notice and expensive flight. Marla spent a great deal of time with Aunt Mill learning to tole paint through out the years.
I am grateful for families and the plan of salvation. I am thankful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and to know of our Heavenly Father's plan. I am eternally grateful for Aunt Mill and Uncle Weasel. The taught me so much. I have wonderful memories from my childhood because of them. I can only imagine their JOY when they saw each other...........that thought right there makes me smile!

No comments: