Friday, July 16, 2010

Celebrating the 4th of July weekend

We decided to go down to Phoenix for the 4th of July. We took the kids to a Diamondbacks game on Saturday. They were all way excited about that. They were having a fireworks show following the day so it was a great game to go to. Of course Mr. Grant was all decked out in his baseball outfit. This outfit was actually from when Hunter was a baby and I just love it. Mr. Grant was a good sport during the game......I think he likes to people watch like his mommy!
We talked Aunt Melissa and Uncle Chris into joining us for the game even though they aren't big baseball fans. The kids were so excited when they found out Melissa and Chris were coming.
The guy sitting behind us had caught one of the Dbacks home run balls during warm ups and he let Hunter hold it for awhile. Hunter thought that was way cool!
Me and My Sweet Kiersten!
One thing the kids just couldn't wait to get was cotton candy. I guess when you pay five times the typical price for cotton candy it tastes better?
Hunter was the most excited about the cotton candy.
Well okay Logan was pretty excited as well..........look at those eye brows! If they don't scream excitement I don't know what does!
The kids did play their Nintendo DS a little bit during the game...............we were getting slammed so it made for a long game. I had told the kids that we had "special" tickets. If they were good during the first half of the game then we would be able to go up to an area with playground equipment during the last part. It worked well............they could see the playground from our seats and would sporadically ask if they were acting good enough to go.
These DS's sure have been nice to have.............they make car rides, doctor office visits, waiting at piano lessons just much, much easier.
Mr. Grant really did like watching the game...........he also loved the crazy drunk guys sitting a couple rows in front of us! They were pretty entertaining I have to say.
The kids were so excited to have the "special" tickets to go to the play area. The kids were really good so during a few of the innings we let them play.
The line was super long to get to play as one would imagine but the kids didn't seem to care to wait. It was a big help to have Melissa there helping me keep the kids in line.
The view from the play area is great!
Mr. Grant had enough baseball and needed a little nap.
Mr. Grant was fascinated with Uncle Chris's new iPhone...........almost as much as Chris was!
What cuties!
We had to move seats to be able to see the fireworks which was a huge ordeal with the large crowd. But we did it without loosing any kids so that was good. I just LOVE to watch fireworks! I love to talk to each of my kids about their favorite one.......I love the loud sounds........I love it all!
The kids were in awe.......even Mr. Grant! I was worried he would cry from the load booms but he didn't at all. He loved them!
Yep......Mr. Grant loves fireworks just like his momma!
Don't we look cute in our red and white outfits. The kids got the hats for free which just made their night!
I was getting some lovin' from my Mr. Grant. His new thing is to give kisses.........and they are the best kisses ever! I can't get enough of him!
Can you tell I kinda like this little guy?
Love my Mr. Grant!
Okay enough I know....
It was a fun night at the game even if we lost!

No comments: