Sunday, March 7, 2010

Activity Day Girls Brunch

My Activity Day girls are such a wonderful group of girls. There are 12 of them and they all come regularly. For the past 2 months they have each had an adopted grandma from the ward. We have made things for the grandmas, they have made things on their own for them, visited them, helped them with things and many of the grandmas invited the girls to their homes to do things with them as well. Kiersten had a wonderful grandma, Jerri Ann Peterson. She is the sweetest lady! Kiersten has grown to love this sister so much. Kiersten's grandma was constantly bringing her little things, had her over to make cookies together, Kiersten played her violin for her, played catch with her dog and loved getting to know her. It has been a fabulous experience for the girls. We finished off our little service project with a Saturday brunch!
We had little oreo bon bons as thank you gifts for the sisters and girls to take on their way out, along with a cup of mixed candies. The girls loved that! The thank you gifts looked cute displayed on cupcake holders. YUMMY!
Justin was such a good sport and helped me decorate Friday night. Towards the end of our decorating he asked me if I "would like the doors and curtain wall closed, then he said I need to leave soon I am starting to think like a woman!"
I made name cards for everyone so they knew where to sit. The girls thought they were so fancy!
And of course I hand name cards for the food as well. I love planning parties! Anyone that knows me very well knows I LOVE PARTIES. I think I love the planning as much as actually carrying out the party. I love thinking of every detail that will add to the party!
Kiersten wanted me to make sure I blogged her name card.
Alani Blair and Ginette Rose. Ginette is a sweetheart!
Harley Lofgreen and her real grandma. Her adopted grandma was sick.
Jaylee Powers and Karen Fehlman. I just met Karen at the brunch. I got to sit next to her and loved getting to know her. She is wonderful!
Cassi Berni and Norlene Robinson. Sister Robinson has one of the best personalities! She says the funniest things and I just love being around her.
Carlee Saline and Jeanene Braithwaite. Jeanene is a hoot. All the sisters are wonderful and a joy to spend time with. As for my girls..............they are AMAZING! I love each and everyone of them. They each bring a sweet spirit with them to our activities. I love that no matter what it is we are doing they are so excited to be doing it! We have a great time together. I love this calling!
Raely Brown and her Mom Kanani. Her adopted grandma was out of town.
Kiersten and Jerri Ann! We adore her!
Maranda Smith and Jackie Madsen. Jackie is such a fun person. So sweet and friendly.
Ummmmmm.............the brunch food! It was delicious and yes I know because I had a cheat day and partook of some. Don't worry I am making up for it today by having an apple day. I only get to have 6 apples all day. But it was worth getting to enjoy the yummy food yesterday!
We had Chinese Chicken salad, fruit kabobs, ham and cheese crescents, peanut butter and jelly, egg salad sandwiches, turkey and cheese sandwiches and tarts for dessert. The tarts were on each table as the center pieces. Oh they are so dang good! Everyone seemed to enjoy the food.
Once everyone had time to eat a little we had each girl stand and tell some of the things they did for and with their adopted grandma. All of the sisters commented as well about what a great experience it was for them. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the ward we are in and am loving making new treasured friendships!

4 comments:

Alison said...

I hope you're kidding about the apples!

Welcome said...

Becky, you are the best leader! Carlee loves coming to each activity! You have done some amazing things. Loralie is counting down the weeks till she is 8!

Jenni said...

I wish I could be on of your activity day girls...

BiggsFamily said...

That food lookes way too delicious for yo uto have NOT cheated!! Anyways it looks fabulous and you did such an awesome job!! I know now who to call when doing another party :)!! Your just so talented!!