Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Now this is happiness.............at least for a 5 year old boy!

This was several weeks ago when Tif was down in Gilbert after she had sweet Brynlee. I watched Doyle for the day and he just had a ball...........shooting Hunter's BB gun.
He was so excited! He couldn't believe I even had sticker targets..............just for him! I love how kids just assume whatever you have you got Just For Them. He was so good at taking his time and really getting it lined up with the target. He was thrilled to find out that he could caulk the gun all by himself and so was I.
It took a little muscle work but he got really good at caulking that gun.
Now that is a TRUE SMILE!
He asked me to take a picture of him "like this".
He was so good that I would go inside for a few minutes and leave him outside to shoot by himself. He thought that was awesome. I kept telling him that he had to be responsible when I left him and he promised me he would. He was so cute to watch!
I love this picture!
I showed him how to hold the stock of the gun against his shoulder/arm pit so it would steady the gun to aim it. Once he started doing that he could hit the box without a problem. He even asked me, "how I knew all these tricks about shooting guns. I told him I have a great Dad just like he does!"

1 comment:

Tifani said...

You are the BEST aunt Becky!!! we love you and that night that I talked to him on the phone from the hospital that was all he could talk about!! He was so excited. Thank you for making my little boy smile you are amazing!!!